Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

best primers/setting sprays???

I’m going to a concert in May (it’s gonna be warm) and I’ll be at the venue practically allll day. what are some really good products to ensure my face won’t be an oil slick by the end of the concert??

Re: best primers/setting sprays???

Tatcha's Pore Perfecting sunscreen sees me through Disney world vacations in August weather. Super hot and humid and also sudden downpours. I use Bobbi Brown Skin foundation and the two combined means my foundation doesn't budge. My urban decay eyeshadow sometimes creases, though the UD primer potion seems to help with that. It does have a mild sunscreen smell that I think some people might not like, but I find it's pretty mild.

SuperGoop's Defense Refresh spray also works amazingly well for the same vacation, but the rosemary in it is *potent*. A lot of people can't stand it, and I have to close my eyes, spray, and *keep* my eyes closed for about 10 seconds or the vapors make my eyes burn.

Makeup Forever Mist & Fix worked really well in my at-home test but I haven't tried in regular day to day settings or vacations yet.

On the other end of things, Urban Decay's All-nighter did a horrible job (which surprised me) and Bobbi Brown's setting spray had such a powerful spray nozzle it actually blasted some of the make up  *off*. Felt nice on the skin, though. 🙂

Re: best primers/setting sprays???

Hi @alinedacosta ,

I have been loving the Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 gIt is so good and really keeps my pores blurred and skin matte. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing