Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

best eye/ face primer for oily skin

So I have oily skin but love to wear makeup I'm trying to find a good eyeshadow primer and face primer that won't make me break out or look greasy I love Too Face products but I'm not sure if those will meet the requirements I'm looking for I've taken the quizzes and stuff on Sephora and all of them have said to go for the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and as far as a primer use the Smash box primer stick does anyone have any suggestions I just don't want to spend the money and have to return the product upset and still not having something I love!! I'm worried that the milk pore stick in the tarte clay Foundation stick will only make my skin more oily and greasy. I like a nice clean matte finish airbrushed look definitely! Full coverage is a must as well I feel like that's a lot to ask for but hopefully it's not 😂😂

RE: best eye/ face primer for oily skin

I have never been impressed by any primer I've used until I tried Boscia Porefecting White Charcoal Mattifying Primer. It really does smooth and tighten the skin while keeping me matte!

Urban Decay primer potion for the eyes is AMAZING

Re: best eye/ face primer for oily skin

I personally love silicone based products for oily skin and a silicone based primer is awesome to blur out imperfections. The Tarte poreless primer has done wonders for me as well as the smashbox foundation primer.  For foundation the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation I have heard really good reviews from different people and their shade range is not bad but I have not personally used it. I have used the Urban decay all nighter foundation and the Kat Von D lock it foundation. Both have a matte finish, full coverage and are longwear, but I found the Kat Von D to be more transfer proof even without a setting powder. Both of the foundations do oxidize a bit but it is not too bad. If you are worried about the foundation oxidizing what I did to find my shade I went to the samples and tried two or three shades on my hand walked around the store and shopped for other products to let the foundation dry and then matched to my skin. I do not know for other people but for me stick products have been kind of hit or miss, with some being really nice and other turning my skin into an oil disco ball.

You do not have to try this but one trick that I found and I am still learning is applying powder before liquid, if done right it really makes a difference. You have to really press it into your skin and do not use to much or brush away excess then put on foundation. 

Hope this helps!

The Smashbox 24 hour eye primer is amazing you should it a try. I have oily eyelids and my eyeshadow stays in place all day when i use it. 🙂
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing