Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Oily Skin

athletic 11 year old with acne

hi. im an 11 year old girl and have very bad acne. i dont know what to do or what to buy. i end up getting pimples and picking them when i am nervous during a test. any ideas????

Accepted Solutions

i am someone who went through the same thing, i had acne...

i am someone who went through the same thing, i had acne (very bad acne!) starting when i was about 12 and it persists to this day (i'm 21 now) BUT it is much better the last year because i discovered what works! dont listen to these people who get one or two pimples because of puberty and cry about it. I had serious acne issues, i remember my parents always telling me to stop picking at the pimples but i never listened because it was better to just pop or pick at the pimple then to wait for it to go away on its own. SERIOUSLY listen to them do not pick try ur hardest! i have the scars to prove it and if i ever want perfect skin to get rid of it i'd have to get surgery, dont put urself through that...and its never been proven that diet effects acne, but it doesnt hurt to eat healthier.

ok now! if you really want that acne gone asap, get the Clarisonic brush (type it in the search to see what it is), OMG it makes the huggggest difference and is the ONLY thing that has worked (ive used tons of products, and even had laser acne therapy at a skincare facility). this will get rid of all the dirt and in ur skin that is causing u to break out. use it with a good wash that has benzoyl peroxide. if u can go to a dermatologist get Duac cream. If you can't go to the doc for some reason try peter thomas roth acne products, i really like these. please dont use murad, it makes ur skin worse (at least it did for me).

if you MUST pop a pimple, wash it (hopefully with ur new clarisonic brush) and gently pop it, if it doesnt pop right away then it wasnt ready so leave it alone or u will get a permanent scar. after it pops, clean it and dab some acne cream over it asap and leave it alone!

a great mask is from cvs/walgreens call Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. Costs 3 bucks,but its really good, just google it for some reviews if you dont believe me.

i was an athlete in middle n high school n felt the same pain u feel. good luck with everything!!!! Smiley Very Happy

All Replies

have you ever used any clinique facial cleansing process...

have you ever used any clinique facial cleansing process makeup? it's semi expensive, but it does work. your still young, and it sucks that this is the time that your going through or will be going through puberty... So your hormones are crazy right now. I had semi acne when i was that age, and once I got older it started to go away. Now I only get it when my periods coming. but I would find a facial cleansing thing, maybe get some special soap to use before and after any sports activity, and wash your face at least 3 times a day. and if you have bangs, I would keep your hair out of your face, especially when your working out.

im sorry to hear about ur problem! but its easliy fixed w...

im sorry to hear about ur problem! but its easliy fixed with the right face wash. foundations and concealers and powders are a lot for an 11 year old to wear and an sometimes make things worse.

My advice would be to find a good face wash like Clean & Clear or something with Benzoyl Peroxide in it. Depending on how sensitive your skin is. Ask your mom if you can see a dermatoligist if necessary and they can help find a personalized skin regimen for you. Spot treatments or medicated creams are always helpful too.

And stop picking them during tests or it will get worse! always wash your face of sweat and dirt and after sports with at least water or a washcloth. Cold water is always the best in my opinion, or in the shower. Try to keep your hands and hair off your face during the day and pull your hair back at night. Even little things like changing your pillo case and showering regularly and moisturizing can make a huge difference.

I hope this is helpful! Smiley Happy

First, don't pick your pimples!  That can leave you with...

First, don't pick your pimples!  That can leave you with scars. 

Keep your hands off your face at all times.  Your hands have bacteria and that will cause more breakouts.

Bacteria, stress and your hormones can all cause pimples, but here are some things you can do that will help...

You should start a skin routine that will help keep your face clean that will help prevent new pimples from forming. 

1Gently wash your face twice a day (*everyday!*) with lukewarm water and an acne cleanser. 

(Do *not* use regular bar soap.) 

Wash once in the morning and again before you go to bed.

I would suggest using any of Neutrogena's acne washes are all good.  (I like Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash in the pump bottle.)

Never scrub too hard or rub your face while washing it. 

Be gentle, and when you are done, gently pat your face dry.

(** If a cleanser ever burns or irritates your face and makes it red, that means it is too strong.  So you should switch to a gentler one.)

2.  Also, you should be sure to change and wash your pillowcase often because your pillowcase also has bacteria which can cause more pimples.

3.  Don't pile any makeup on your face (that will just clog your pores and also cause more pimples.)

4.  At night, after you wash your face before bed, use Proactiv's Refining Mask, and dab it directly on the pimples.

5.  Eating healthier also helps your skin look better. 

Cut down on soda, fast food, desserts and sugar and eat more fruits and vegetables instead.  (Junk food is very bad for your skin.) 

The acid in fruits like oranges and strawberries in particular is very good for fighting off pimples.

6.  Drink more (plain) water and get more sleep.  (Stress can make your pimples worse.)

But please, please don't pick your pimples and keep those hands off your face! Smiley Happy

If you follow these steps, your skin and pimples should get better!

Good luck!

Clean your face immediately after working out. Sweat will...

Clean your face immediately after working out. Sweat will clog your pores.

And I agree 100% with luna22 - a proper diet will help prevent acne in the first place. Processed sugars are aggravating for your skin. And watch out for sugar highs from unexpected food - a glass of fruit juice might have more sugar than a can of soda! You can check out this link for food ideas: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/wellbeing/features/skin-glow/1/

Taking good care of yourself from the inside out will give you results that beauty products simply cannot and you will feel better too Smiley Happy

i am someone who went through the same thing, i had acne...

i am someone who went through the same thing, i had acne (very bad acne!) starting when i was about 12 and it persists to this day (i'm 21 now) BUT it is much better the last year because i discovered what works! dont listen to these people who get one or two pimples because of puberty and cry about it. I had serious acne issues, i remember my parents always telling me to stop picking at the pimples but i never listened because it was better to just pop or pick at the pimple then to wait for it to go away on its own. SERIOUSLY listen to them do not pick try ur hardest! i have the scars to prove it and if i ever want perfect skin to get rid of it i'd have to get surgery, dont put urself through that...and its never been proven that diet effects acne, but it doesnt hurt to eat healthier.

ok now! if you really want that acne gone asap, get the Clarisonic brush (type it in the search to see what it is), OMG it makes the huggggest difference and is the ONLY thing that has worked (ive used tons of products, and even had laser acne therapy at a skincare facility). this will get rid of all the dirt and in ur skin that is causing u to break out. use it with a good wash that has benzoyl peroxide. if u can go to a dermatologist get Duac cream. If you can't go to the doc for some reason try peter thomas roth acne products, i really like these. please dont use murad, it makes ur skin worse (at least it did for me).

if you MUST pop a pimple, wash it (hopefully with ur new clarisonic brush) and gently pop it, if it doesnt pop right away then it wasnt ready so leave it alone or u will get a permanent scar. after it pops, clean it and dab some acne cream over it asap and leave it alone!

a great mask is from cvs/walgreens call Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. Costs 3 bucks,but its really good, just google it for some reviews if you dont believe me.

i was an athlete in middle n high school n felt the same pain u feel. good luck with everything!!!! Smiley Very Happy

I recommend Clinique's "Acne Solutions" line of...

I recommend Clinique's "Acne Solutions" line of products.  They make some great skincare products (I love their foaming cleanser) and I will list a few below:

You can get the three above items in a set together to try out (and save money by getting them in a set) called "Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit" and you can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P188308​&categoryId=B70

Acne Solutions even makes a liquid foundation, concealer and other makeup products also.  The Acne Solutions products are gentle on sensitive skin, too.

I hope this helps you. Smiley Happy

Re: I recommend Clinique's "Acne Solutions" line of...

I second the Clinique Acne Solutions. I must admit that I didn't have serious acne, but it worked very well for my friends who did. The great thing about it is that it's gentle. Most products like Clean and Clear or Stridex just strip your skin, getting rid of pimples but taking your smoother skin along with it. Make sure to moisturize to help with your skin texture, change your pillow covers frequently, do not pop because that spreads the bacteria to other areas of your face, and hopefully I've rattled off everything I can think of.

Hey lady, I've battled the acne war for a while.  Try the...

Hey lady, I've battled the acne war for a while.  Try the Bliss "No Zit Sherlock" system- I think it is set up really well and is worth trying!  It has a gentle cleaser and the key to it all- a salycilic lotion.  Don't bother with a cleanser with salycilic acid- it washes off before having a chance to work!  Use a benzoyl peroxide SPOT treatment (don't get anything more than a spot treatment of that stuff- it'll dry out your skin and make your acne worse) to treat active pimples.  And try try try to keep your hands off your face- a nice polish helps me!

Hi Baby, bless your heart, YOU CAN GET this under control...

Hi Baby, bless your heart, YOU CAN GET this under control.  Ask momma to get you to a dermatologist.

I don't like to be on prescriptions but there is a new one they are prescribing for acne, Spironloactone 25 mg, also Retin A works very well.  Your hormones are probably to blame, but you wan to avoid picking or you will scar.

I go organic with my hair care and Love the DermOrganics line, (sulfate free), also for curly hair I love the Deva Curl line, all of those products are preservative and junk free, your hair will be shiny and healthy going sulfate free.

I love all Neutrogena products and are recommended by my dermatologist, they compare to very expensive products lines, for a quick acne healing try the 7 day treatment, I use it everyday.  Try to get on a prescription for Retin A, and use it nightly they have a generic version, it helps me with with daily oiliness and blocked pores, also it will fend off wrinkles. I also love my Clarisonic, it's worth the money, there is no clean like it. Your products all work better with that smooth exfoliated skin. I think Olay came out with their own version of the Clarisonic, I saw a commercial, it's much cheaper.

Hello! i can relate with what you are saying. i agree wit...

Hello! i can relate with what you are saying. i agree with everything everyone else is saying, espically with what someone was saying about popping pimples. (my resolution this year is to stop picking pimples.....and i havent!) DO NOT POP/PICK AT THEM! and if you must, do it in a way that isnt so bad. what i do when i find myself in a situation in which the pimple has got to go, i get two Q-Tips, and i dip them in some toner. then i pop the pimple with the Q-Tips, as if they were my fingers. tdoing this makes sure that the oil and dirt that is naturally found on our fingers out of the inside of the blemish, and that really helps with keeping the blemish down. also, putting some acne creme on the pimple helps too. also, while youre playing sports, its important to keep your hair off your face. good luck!! 

Eat well, drink plenty of water and DON'T PICK. Every tim...

Eat well, drink plenty of water and DON'T PICK. Every time you touch your face you add dirt, oil, and bacteria to your skin, unless your in the shower! Use a skincare system like CLINIQUE ACNE SOLUTIONS. And dont use a scrub that is rough or grainy until your blemishes are cleared up. If you do, it will just spread acne bacteria and make more ZITS! And did I mention not to pick?! Hope this helped Robot wink

The best you can do is try different acne kits to see whi...

The best you can do is try different acne kits to see which one fits your skin. Be aware of ingredients, such as salicylic acid and benzyl peroxide. Some acne products use one or both of these ingredients. See which ingredient(s) your skin responds with best and give the acne products at least a month to see if there is any improvement. By the way, never use toothpaste on your pimples. Someone in PE suggested that to me when I was your age and it's actually really bad for your skin. Good luck!

Hello. im 11 too and my acne is really bad and i have tri...

Hello. im 11 too and my acne is really bad and i have tried loads of things which have never cured them, ive cried a few times, i hate looking in the mirror ! i feel soo UGLY! nobody ever calls me  names which is also a good thing !! i feel like a piece of dog poop i get soo imbarresed when people talk about spots , i just wish mine go away , have you tried anythng that has cured them yet?xx

thank you,

Lauren.

Re: Hello. im 11 too and my acne is really bad and i have tri...

@lollym Have you tried Philosophy's On a Clear Day kit? I think it's effective, yet gentle because it uses salicylic acid and not benzyl peroxide, which can be very harsh for your skin. If you think you've tried everything, try going to a dermatologist. Good luck!

I agree that you should start with drugstore brands and g...

I agree that you should start with drugstore brands and go from there. It's best to use the least harsh yet effective products for your skin. Cleanse with a thorough yet effective wash (Neutrogena Acne Wash, Cetaphil, Purity, etc), treat with what works best for your breakouts (one of these: salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, sulphur), gently exfoliate (a fine scrub after cleansing your face, and not on breakouts) and moisturize/protect with SPF for your skin tone (add moisture back into skin and prevent acne scars from getting darker).

Neutrogena makes good oil-free moisturizers/spfs. Also look into DDF, Peter Thomas Roth, and Mario Badescu if the over the counter products aren't effective. Get samples at sephora. Hope this helps. 

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors