Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

What to do with pesky blackheads

What do you do with pesky blackheads that keeps on coming back?

Re: What to do with pesky blackheads

Blackheads are never gone for good; there is no once and done treatment for them as pores don't close and they just fill right back up. It's an ongoing battle and you just have to keep fighting the good fight. 

Salicylic acid and clay masks work wonders to to keep them at bay. Good luck!

@potionivy5

@potionivy5 Honestly the only thing that has truly helped my complexion is getting a deep cleansing facial by a certified aesthetician. Based on her recommendations I have stopped eating most dairy products (you can take my yogurt but you can never take away my icecream!!!), I use a physical exfoliator every other day (lately Origins Modern Friction has worked really well), and I use a mask a couple of times a weak (Lush has several great masks I swear by, especially Cosmetic Warrior and Sacred Truth).

Have you ever tried pixi glow peel pads? *not the newer g...

Have you ever tried pixi glow peel pads? *not the newer glow to go pads* I use these anytime my blackheads feel extremely clogged. also, paulas choice 2% bha fluid is incredible. i use that for everything...ingrown hairs, big pimples, blackheads, etc.

If the exact same ones keep coming back, have you made sure that they are blackheads and not sebaceous filaments? http://blog.amaliebeauty.com/the-truth-about-blackheads-how-to-actually-get-rid-of-them/

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
testing