Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Oily Skin

What to do about an oily T zone?

Ok I'm 17 years old, and my nose has been really oily lately. Normally, I have really good skin. If I get a pimple, it will usually go away within a few days. But Lately, i've had a bunch of tiny pimples around my nose, and its gotten really red. Because my skin doesn't really get bad, I don't know what to do. I wash my face with a makeup remover wipe, and i use the Olay skin thing that is the cheap version of Clairisonic. What do you recommend i do? My cheeks are dry, but my T zone is oily! Grr. frustrating. Thank you!

It sounds like you need a balancing moisturizing to balan...

It sounds like you need a balancing moisturizing to balance out your skin so that is will stop producing excess oils.  Also, you may want to clean your brush head with an anti-bacterial soap because it may be that which is causing the small breakouts.

I would try Sephora Collection Instant Moisturizer for your moisturizer and possibly Boscia Willowbark Treatment to help get rid of any blemishes safely and naturally.

I hope that helps!

xoxo

Jill

Hey Eliza!   It sounds like you & I have very similar ski...

Hey Eliza!

It sounds like you & I have very similar skin problems! I have never experienced acne on my cheeks because they are so dry, but my t zone is oily & cannot handle any excess moisturizer. 

To help this problem, I recently experiemented & bought Boscia's  No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment:

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P294212&categoryId=C16701#

This product is great because I have seen results & less break-outs. It is also great because it works well under a moisturizer & make-up. Just make sure to not apply it to your whole face because it WILL dry out your cheeks even more.

I hope this has helped & good luck I hope your problem is solved soon! Smiley Happy

xo

Hi Elisa ,   Have you ever heard of the expression " pard...

eliza94 wrote:

Ok I'm 17 years old, and my nose has been really oily lately. Normally, I have really good skin. If I get a pimple, it will usually go away within a few days. But Lately, i've had a bunch of tiny pimples around my nose, and its gotten really red. Because my skin doesn't really get bad, I don't know what to do. I wash my face with a makeup remover wipe, and i use the Olay skin thing that is the cheap version of Clairisonic. What do you recommend i do? My cheeks are dry, but my T zone is oily! Grr. frustrating. Thank you!

Hi Elisa ,

Have you ever heard of the expression " pardon me ,  I need to powder my nose "  ?

That is what I'd do apart from the good preventive suggestions the ladies have made.

Antoine

Sounds like your skin is sensitive, and also that you're...

Sounds like your skin is sensitive, and also that you're using some of the wrong products. Ay your age, expensive products aren't necessary, but the right ones are.

First off, treat your skin gently-- use lukewarm to cool water and gentle motions so as not to stir up trouble. You might want to switch to a foaming cleanser formulated for oily skin, and use your own clean hands to splash rinse. It keeps away the bacteria best, and doesn't irritate delicate skin.

Drink lots of clear water and little or no soda or caffienated drinks. Almond milk, if you're not allergic to tree nuts, is wonderful for all skin types.

And one of the above posters mentioned using the proper moisturizer-- this is good advice. Even oily skin needs help to protect balance, and nourish it. You should use it on all but the oiliest areas at night, and lightly everywhere during the day. Use as little as will be instantly absorbed: if it leaves your skin greasy, it's the wrong kind, too emollient. Your need a light, hydrating moisturizer, and at your age, something like Clean & Clear Oil-free should work fine.

If after applying and waiting a moment, it leaves your skin feeling wet/watery on top, it might not be rich enough, believe it or not.

For the blemishes around your nose, I suggest you start a daily regimen of cleaning off all the areas of your sunglasses (and glasses if you wear them) wherever they touch your face. Use a cotton ball that is barely dampened with rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide, lightly wipe all those edges clean, and let dry naturally. This could be the origin of your increased problem but it's something most of us don't think about. Try not to touch your face too often, either. Using less foundation and powder can help, too-- probably you only need to use a little here and there to even out your look.

Change your pillowcase twice a week, if you can, and use unscented detergent if possible and no softener to wash it. Peace, Mari

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors