Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

What's a Good Serum and Moisturizer?

I'm 25 and have super oily skin with acne, blackheads, pores, and want to combat aging.

The moisturizer I currently use is the Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... and Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL.

I'm looking to change them to combat my oily skin and skin concerns better.

What is a good day and night serum and moisturizer?  I don't have a budget.  I know some are good only for night so I'm willing to buy separate products for day time use.

These are some other products I will be using:

OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL 

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Treatment Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Dermatologist prescribed 0.025% retinol cream

Thank you!

Re: What's a Good Serum and Moisturizer?

Ohhh how are you liking the Youth to the People moisturizers? I've been looking at testing those out!

In terms of serums, I think if you are looking for a night time serum a stronger chemical exfoliant might help - Farmacy HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids has a strong blend of AHA and BHA that should help with acne and blackheads. I'd use it once a week only and not on the same night that you're using UFO or retinol. One thing I'd note on their website it actually says NOT to follow this up with a moisturizer and only use a balm or oil to avoid messing up the PH.

Otherwise I think Drunk Elephant Time to Wake Up™ would be a great intro to an antioxidant serum and hydrating serum. The C-Firma is a Vitamin C (anti oxidant) serum that you would use in the day time and then the B-Hydra is a hydrating serum you can use with the Vitamin C or at night if your skin is feeling parched and needs a day off from the exfoliant/retinol. 

Re: What's a Good Serum and Moisturizer?

@meou 

Thanks for the tips!  I'll check those products out.

I love how lightweight the Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... and it's a great day cream.  The Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL is a bit heavy on my oily skin but works well when used with a toner.

I've also been looking at the OLEHENRIKSEN Balance Babies™ Mattifying Oil Control Set

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing