From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

What kind of foundation is the best for oily skin? HELP!!!

I am currently using MaryKay ivory 3, TimeWise, Matte-wear liquid foundation and mineral cheek color shy blush. I’ve used it for a while now and my fave is so oily so after I wear it for a while the foundation feels nasty. When I take my makeup off it seems to leave my face with more acne than when I put my makeup on. I don’t wear much makeup at all. All that I wear is the foundation, blush, mascara, and lipstick. I want to start wearing more makeup but I want a natural look. Does anybody know what is the best makeup brands for oily, sensitive skin for a cheap cost? *my makeup I use now is about $20 dollars for foundation and $10 dollars for blush* my budget would possibly be around $35-$40 dollars.

Re: What kind of foundation is the best for oily skin? HELP!!!

Hi @savannahw15!

I have very oily skin and I’d recommend you try the Estée Lauder double wear foundation. It’s $42 and worth every penny. It keeps me matte and lasts an entire work day for me. I like to use the Smashbox pore minimizing primer or the Makeup Forever smoothing primer under my foundation. I also like applying the double wear foundation using a beauty blender or makeup sponge. It helps give a more natural look.  I would also recommend setting your foundation with a loose setting powder.

Other foundations that have worked for my oily skin are the Fenty foundation, Smashbox studio skin foundation, Maybelline fit me matte and poreless and L’Oréal infallible pro-matte. The last 2 are drugstore and more affordable but in my opinion work just as well as the high end foundations.

I hope you find this helpful! 

RE: What kind of foundation is the best for oily skin? HELP!!!

Try the L’Oréal Infallible Matte foundation- can find at most drug stores. And do some research on good drugstore powders to set. I like the RCMA no-color powder. I buy it online and I think it’s about $13.00. I’ve had my bottle for probably 8 months and still have a lot left!

RE: What kind of foundation is the best for oily skin? HELP!!!

If you want sometime cheap I would suggest drugstore makeup like L’Oréal or Maybelline but a high end primer I really like for oily skin is the benefit porefessional. I don’t wear a lot of makeup either so the face primer makes a big difference
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing