Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

What is a good SPF for oily skin?

What is a good SPF for oily skin? I have oily dehydrated skin and I’m looking for an SPF that isn’t mixed into foundation

Re: What is a good SPF for oily skin?

Hi @leshaechantal,

I suggest the COOLA Full Spectrum 360° Sun Silk Drops Organic Sunscreen SPF 30!They are great if you have oily skin and it also wears well under make up! Thanks! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@leshaechantal I have oily skin and the sunscreen I use is the Neogen sunscreen spf 50. I use it under all my foundations (Estée Lauder Double Wear, smashbox, Maybelline) and on its own. It absorbs quickly and doesn’t make me feel greasy. Highly recommend it! 

@leshaechantal Mattifying can cause more oil, since ingredients dry out the skin. The skin will suck moisture from anything, so layer serums/hydration booster/moisturizer first. For spf, that's by itself,  I like Cotz. Doesn't cause more oil and acts as a primer, comes in a few versions. I have oily combo/dehydrated skin. There's also Elta MD, which is similar.

Hi @leshaechantal,

If you have oily skin, look for a mattifying SPF. I really enjoy powder sunscreens because they keep your skin matte throughout the day and you can use them to touch up your makeup. My two favorites are the tarte Tarteguard Mineral Powder Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 and the Supergoop! Mattescreen Sunscreen SPF 40. You can easily pop both in your purse for on the go touch ups. I recommend using them after you have applied your foundation.

Thank you for being a valued member of the Beauty Insider Community.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

RE: Re: What is a good SPF for oily skin?

Would there be something else that is still good for oily skin but isn’t mattifying? I have oily dehydrated skin, and I’ve noticed that mattifying products make my skin even oilier.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors