Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

What is a good SPF for oily skin?

What is a good SPF for oily skin? I have oily dehydrated skin and I’m looking for an SPF that isn’t mixed into foundation

Re: What is a good SPF for oily skin?

Hi @leshaechantal,

I suggest the COOLA Sun Silk Face Sunscreen Drops with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL!They are great if you have oily skin and it also wears well under make up! Thanks! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@leshaechantal I have oily skin and the sunscreen I use is the Neogen sunscreen spf 50. I use it under all my foundations (Estée Lauder Double Wear, smashbox, Maybelline) and on its own. It absorbs quickly and doesn’t make me feel greasy. Highly recommend it! 

@leshaechantal Mattifying can cause more oil, since ingredients dry out the skin. The skin will suck moisture from anything, so layer serums/hydration booster/moisturizer first. For spf, that's by itself,  I like Cotz. Doesn't cause more oil and acts as a primer, comes in a few versions. I have oily combo/dehydrated skin. There's also Elta MD, which is similar.

Hi @leshaechantal,

If you have oily skin, look for a mattifying SPF. I really enjoy powder sunscreens because they keep your skin matte throughout the day and you can use them to touch up your makeup. My two favorites are the TARTE - Tarteguard Mineral Powder Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 and the SUPERGOOP! - 100% Mineral Smooth & Poreless Matte Screen SPF 40. You can easily pop both in your purse for on the go touch ups. I recommend using them after you have applied your foundation.

Thank you for being a valued member of the Beauty Insider Community.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

RE: Re: What is a good SPF for oily skin?

Would there be something else that is still good for oily skin but isn’t mattifying? I have oily dehydrated skin, and I’ve noticed that mattifying products make my skin even oilier.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing