Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Toners and vitamin C๐Ÿคฏ

Hi! So I'm a little confused! I use a toner that is "brightening" so it has acids in it.. it's gentle, however I like to use it in the morning a lot.. but I also use a vitamin C serum before my sunscreen.. is this ok?? Is that too much acids on my face lol!? At night I use a retinol and moisturizer... sometimes I may use my glycolic acid serum but I've been sticking with retinol mainly.... I'm just confused on all of this! ๐Ÿ˜… thanks!!!!

Re: Toners and vitamin C๐Ÿคฏ

@brashell  How is your skin responding to this routine. Do you feel it is too much for you? Different people have different tolerance to active ingredients depending on the sensitivity of their skin and also how used to they are of using strong actives. If the instructions on your toner say it is safe to use during the day time and you use sunscreen religiously then you might be ok. Personally I prefer not to use acid based products during the day time.

RE: Re: Toners and vitamin C๐Ÿคฏ

Okay that makes sense! I have mainly used the toner in the morning. I have the vitamin C I put on before SPF and I haven't noticed any issues.

RE: Re: Toners and vitamin C๐Ÿคฏ

Hey thank you!!! So would you just do the toner at night before retinol? Would that be ok? My skin hasn't broke out. I'm trying to get my pore under control though on my nose!

Re: RE: Re: Toners and vitamin C๐Ÿคฏ

@brashell  Actually acid based toner shouldnโ€™t be used with retinol either. For example I use DRUNK ELEPHANT - A-Passioniโ„ข Retinol Cream and Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Betaยฎ Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 30 Treatments + 5 Bonus on alternate nights. These two products are strong enough to provide me all the exfoliation I need so I do not use an acid based toner instead I use a hydrating toner to protect my skin from the drying effect of these products. I do occasionally use a stronger chemical peel like The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL or AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder at night but I skip retinol or DDG pads on that particular night.

Too much  exfoliation will gradually take away your skinโ€™s natural moisture. If you really like your acid based toner, maybe use retinol at one night and toner at the other night?

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing