Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

The Ordinary Brand for acne control and acne scars

Hello! Has anyone used The Ordinary brand for acne control and acne scars? I've looked into Drunk Elephant (nope), Tatcha (maybe), and Sunday Riley (looks good but pricey). It looks like The Ordinary brand overall is pretty affordable and if maybe I could figure out which products help the acne and scarring while using the Sephora Collection brand cleanser that would be great or of it might be better just to do the whole The Ordinary brand.

Re: The Ordinary Brand for acne control and acne scars

I have!! I've got some light scarring and some active acne. I found two products that work fabulously for me; one for acne control, The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL , and one for scar control, The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL . They both can do the job individually, so it's not necessary to get both, but my skin has a tendency to adjust to products so I like to keep these two on rotation.

The great thing about The Ordinary products is that they've got extremely high concentration of active ingredients, but that's also a downside because they're super strong. My skin turns over pretty quickly and responds well to toner once a day, and when I want to do the peel I give it a day before and after free from exfoliating toner. I make adjustments when I think my skin is getting too thin (a day off with some hydrating products), but overall the products are amazing. Good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing