Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Still looking for good hydrators for my extremely oily skin!!! Serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.

I am not exaggerating, it is very oily!! It’s oily only 10 minutes afterwashing my face. I wash my face twice a day, morning and night. I double cleanse with gentle face wash, toner, eye cream, lightweight serum, moisturize then sun protection. Products that say they are formulated for oily skin, are still too oily for me, they clog my pores, and leave an extra layer of grease that I don’t need. I need a day serum, moisturizer and sunscreen that absorb into the skin quickly and don’t leave the skin feeling greasy, I have enough of that on my own. Has anyone tried the moisturizer from Glow Recipe? Please help a girl out, let me know things that are working for you, thank you!!

RE: Still looking for good hydrators for my extremely oily skin!!! Serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.

Ladies I’ve finally found the miracle product I’ve been looking for!! Juice Beauty SPF 30 Oil-Free Moisturizer!! It is clearing my acne from trying out many sunscreens, and is helping with my oiliness!!! No product has ever stopped my sebum, NOTHING!! I highly recommend!!

Re: Still looking for good hydrators for my extremely oily skin!!! Serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.

@alwaystruthful 

Try water consistency hydrators like 

1. The Ordinary Marine Hyaluronics - super awesome and affordable

2. Consonant HydraExtreme

3. Stratia Rewind

4. Drunk Elephant B-Hydra

5. watery mists that contain Hyaluronic Acid

i saw you said oils don’t work for you but try Squalane, it’s uber light and soaks in right away. 

if you don’t mind silicones then there is an essence from Elf

Re: Still looking for good hydrators for my extremely oily skin!!! Serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.

@alwaystruthful  Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL is really good when I’m so oily! I also use GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer as a serum and I love how it feels. 

RE: Re: Still looking for good hydrators for my extremely oily skin!!! Serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.

Good idea!! I’ll have to try that out, thank you 🙂

RE: Still looking for good hydrators for my extremely oily skin!!! Serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.

First aid beauty Barri-air cream is amazing for oily skin. I deff recommend it! It’s a very light moisturizer and I find it gives me the perfect moisture without being heavy.

I've had good luck with Belief the True Cream Moisturizing Balm, Tatcha the Water Cream, L'Occitane Aqua Reotier Ultra Thirst Quenching Gel as well as a few other water type moisturizers.  The only sunscreen I've found that works for me is Andalou Naturals Clear Skin Argan Stem Cell BB Benefit Balm Un-tinted SPF 30.  I have tried multiple serums (specific for anti-aging, redness, and dark spots) and don't find that any don't work for me however some I can only use at night.  The BEST thing I've tried for my oily skin however is niacinamide.  I use two drops of The Ordinary Niacinamide, two drops of The Ordinary Buffet w/ Copper, and a pump of Trader Joe's Hyaluronic Moisture boost Serum (which I mainly use as a carrier to help evenly and easily distribute the other products vs seeing any great benefit from it). 

Edited to include.....before niacinamide I would need to blot by 10:00/11:00 am (despite foundation (Mac Powder, Estee Lauder Double Wear, UD Stay Naked etc), primer (Hourglass Veil, NYX Angle or GlamGlow Super Mattify Clarifying Oil-Control Face Primer) etc.  The GlamGlow is newest and works quite well for me but I literally use a TINY amount.  Mattifying and fills pores.

RE: Re: Still looking for good hydrators for my extremely oily skin!!! Serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.

Thank you for your in depth routines. I’ve tried the niacinimide from The Ordinary, it caused my skin to be extra oily. I didn’t think it would, but it did. Maybe I have the oiliest skin in the world lol

YIKES!! That stinks. Complete opposite of what niacinamid...

YIKES!! That stinks. Complete opposite of what niacinamide is supposed to do. Just goes to show how unique we all are. 🙂

I don’t cleanse in the morning and it has been working fabulously. I run a cotton pad with micellar water over my skin to get the gunk off that has built up overnight. My morning routine currently: Kate Somerville Hydrating serum Sephora Collection Hyaluronic Acid moisturizer Smashbox Primer Oil Volition SPF 50 (I can’t remember the exact name, but it has an illuminating quality to it) And for foundation I use the L’Oreal 24 hour Freshwear (it is literally the only foundation that holds up on my skin) My evening routine: Sephora Collection Oil cleanser Neutrogena Oil Free acne wash Sephora Collection Micellar Water Kate Somerville Retinol serum & Lancome Genefique serum mixed Sephora Collection Firming Sleeping Cream Drunk Elephant Marula Oil Every other day I use the Sephora Collection peel pads and once a week I do the Caudalie Instant Detox mask. I hope this helps! (Remember, oil combats oil!)

Not for me 😞 I’ve tried many oil products and oil cleansing products, just too much for me, my skin produces enough on it’s own, and adding it causes breakouts, like deep cystic-type acne. But thank you for your in depth description of your routine 🙂

Ditch things made for "oily skin." You might be stripping your skin of moister and making the issue worse. I found double cleansing and adding a hydrating Asian toner to my routine to be life changing. I can get the glow with out the oil spill.

I have and I do. I need products that absorb quickly and don’t leave a greasy layer, not necessarily matte, just not greasy.
12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing