Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Skincare routine!

I have very oily skin and noticeable blackheads on my nose area and chin area. Again I am very oily skin! I am looking for a skincare routine to help properly cleanse and maintain my skin. I do have the often breakouts! But I am looking for a solid routine! Cleanser, exfoliator, toner, serums, moisturizers! The whole nine yards!! 😊

RE: Skincare routine!

Thé Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha beta pads are great too to help with exfoliation and evening skin tone. They have both AHAs and BHAs to help get rid of hyperpigmentation like my acne scars! I would check them out for sure. There’s also a gel cleanser from the brand that’s nice too which also have AHAs and BHAs.

Re: Skincare routine!

@xtina93  I have combo acne prone skin, but I think these things could help

Cleanser: I use Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash with AHA & Enzymes 4 oz/ 118 mLwhich helps clear away dead skin and keep my face clear and fresh. I really love how it's helped clear my pores and blackheads over time. BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Tea Tree Detox Maskis a nice more basic gel cleanser and the tea tree does help with some of the redness in my face. I love the smell and (disclaimer: I got it from them for free) but I think there are a lot of comparable products if Tea Tree isn't a draw for you at sephora or even target.

I don't really use an exfoliator since I use the exfolikate daily, and I have like 15 essence and toner samples I'm working through so nothing specific there.

Serums: I think a light retinol would help both with breakouts and making your skin less oily. I love my DRUNK ELEPHANT - A-Passioni™ Retinol Creambut it's also the first I've tried and I'm sure there are many more cost effective versions that would also work well. The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLis what I plan to give a try if the DE runs out before the next sale. You have to start slow with it so you don't irritate your skin and mixing it with your moisturizer will make application smoother and gentler on your skin.

Moisturizer: This I'm least sure about as my skin is dry and oily, but ORIGINS - GinZing™ Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizeris fantastic and light but I personally switched to Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mLbecause it's cruelty free, but also more expensive even though you get a little more product in the jar. My night moisturizers would probably be too heavy, though you could maybe just layer a facial oil over one of these for your night routine. The ordinary has a very reasonable rose oil with great reviews

RE: Re: Skincare routine!

Have you had decreased oil with the retinol?

Re: RE: Re: Skincare routine!

@Tamara70 I definitely have, especially around my jaw and forehead but my nose is still pretty oily 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing