Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Skin

Hello. I have oily greasy skin. By 11 am I am shiny and I can literally wipe some of it off my face. I need help please. Does anyone suffer from this or have any suggestions on what I should do to make it better. 

Thank you. 

Re: Skin

@caro1281 

I suffer with oily skin, too. After applying makeup especially made me shiny within 20 minutes. Boscia oil-blotting sheets were my best friend. However, I experimented with a new cleanser and moisturizer and have found that my skin is so much less oily and shiny now - literally I don't need the blotting papers so much - it's actually shocking!!. 

The cleanser I use now is one new by Cetaphil - a salicylic cream cleanser. The moisturizer I'm using is by Proactiv - the green tea moisturizer. I love using this moisturizer and it feels cooling to apply on the skin.  

I have the same problem and nothing I’ve tried works it only makes my skin oilier and breaks me out even more than before. I can wash my face and 5 minutes later my skin is right back oily. I’m lost and so frustrated 😩

@SylviaWhetstone What products are you currently using? What ones have you tried in the past? You may need a gentler cleanser or more hydration or perhaps something better tailored to oil-control- it can all just depend and skincare is definitely a lot of trial and error. 

I suffer from this issue too. You might want to try a setting powder. I just got the Bare Minerals pressed setting powder recently and it has kept my skin shine free pretty much all day (and I live in Florida). It is translucent so it works great when I’m even going without full face makeup. Hope this helps a little! 💜

What products are you currently using in your skincare routine, @caro1281?

I just wash my face twice a day. Clinic spf moisturizer the orange one. Minimal makeup. When I apply it, I use cover fx creamy foundation compact. 

What face wash are you using, @caro1281? You may want to try only using an actual cleanser at night and just rinsing in the morning. In addition, I'd definitely add in a light, gel moisturizer in the evening. I haven't tried the Clinique sunscreen you mentioned, but it's possible that it's too heavy of a product for your skin. Here are a couple of moisturizer and sunscreen recommendations you may want to consider:

Moisturizer- belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb , CosRX Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion, Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion, Caudalie Mini Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet 0.66 oz/ 20 mL 

Sunscreen- COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mLSupergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++, MDSolarSciences 50 Mineral Creme

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing