Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Silicone free powder foundations

I have acne prone skin and a super oily nose and tzone. I found out through buying tons of products that foundations that have silicone just melt off my face and I am oily within an hour. Looking for a powder foundation that’s silicone free and that will keep me matte throughout the day without having to blot every hour on the hour. Please help! Thank youuu!!!

Re: Silicone free powder foundations

@briswett   This is tough!  I just learned that if an ingredient ends in "oxane" or "silane" it probably is a silicone.

I don't see any silicone ingredients in this Lancome Dual Finish Longwear Powder Foundation, but it does contain petrolatum.

https://www.sephora.com/product/dual-finish-multi-tasking-longwear-powder-foundation-P54419?icid2=pr...

This one from Antonym is out of stock but maybe you could find it at their direct site:

https://www.sephora.com/product/certified-organic-baked-foundation-P421435?skuId=1977446&icid2=produ...

Re: Silicone free powder foundations

I use Sephora but unfortunately it has silicones.  In looking through the pressed powder foundations (I hate the mess loose powder makes), looks like Lancome Dual finish doesn't have silicone, but I haven't tried it.  Maybe some who have will comment.

I feel your pain! I have struggled with acne-prone oily skin my whole life. Blotters (paper or otherwise) are your best friend.  I use the CVS kind, they're inexpensive.  I have them stashed everywhere!  I have not found a foundation (I'm 63 yrs old) yet that won't melt off - you can't believe how many I've tried.

Have you tried oil control products?  I found that after my skin care, if I apply Urban Decay de-slick on my fingers and pat onto my oily zones it really helps. Then when I break out in oil about an hour later, I blot with the CVS blotters and then pat a bit of pressed foundation powder or oil blotting powder to keep up the oil control. I have to do it throughout the day.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing