cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Setting powder and spray for oily skin

I get oily in the T-zone--I was wondering if anyone can recommend a setting powder and a setting spray?? 

Setting powder and spray for oily skin

I don't know if you use a good primer but that is key also. UD and Cover Fx make some good mattifying primers. I love love love Laura Mercier setting powder as well as the cover Fx and Kat VonD. The same goes for setting. I double up on mine. I use the UD deslick first then the All nighter. especially in these hot Louisiana summers. other times I will use the cover Fx the one that goes with the mattifying primer on days when the sun is not so hot or I dont anticipate being their being a lot of humidity or chance for me to be oiler than normal. but those 3 hands down keep the oil at bay and I an go hours some times all day with out retouching.

Re: Setting powder and spray for oily skin

Anonymous Insider

@melissabt Ooh, thanks for the recommendations!

You're very welcome:)!

❤️ Melissa

Hi @Anonymous,

I have oily skin as well and my holy grail setting spray that helps controls my oil throughout the day is the Too Faced Peach Mist Mattifying setting spray! I've been using this everyday since it has came out and I'm currently on my second bottle. You can find it here > https://www.sephora.com/product/peach-mist-mattifying-setting-spray-peaches-cream-collection-P422850. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Anonymous Insider

@RaquelBT  Thank you!! I'm starting to see that's a common one.  Will look into it! 

Hi @Anonymous,

You're welcome! I hope you like it, please feel free to get a sample at your local Sephora store if it's available. PS: This setting spray smells AMAZING. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

I needed a setting spray. Perfect, I added urban decay into the list!

thank you. 

Anonymous Insider

@gonerogue @Stassea

Thanks so much!! Have you ladies been able to find a useful primer as well?? 

You're welcome @Anonymous 

My go-to primers for when my skin is at its oiliest is Becca's Ever-matte, Too Faced Primed and Peachy primer and Dr. Brandt's Pores No More.

Thank you for all of your help. I wrote all these down. I’m excited to be less oily lol. 

Anonymous Insider

@gonerogue  Perfect!! I definitely be looking into all of this!  Thank you  SO much for the help! 

Any time! 😉

RE: Setting powder and spray for oily skin

I have this problem too. I find all setting powders after a few hours are the same for my face. But I like Laura mercier over cover fx. But try the cover fx blotting powder it’s amazing!!! You can get it in translucent or a shade.

Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Setting powder and spray for oily skin

@Stassea Looks like the Mercier one is a big hit amongst the oily-faced community.  Thanks for the recommendation!

RE: Re: RE: Setting powder and spray for oily skin

Yes. Laura is really good! I liked Laura a bit better than my Cover fx setting powder.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
testing