Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Setting Spray!

What’s the best setting spray for severe oily skin?

RE: Setting Spray!

Even though it's not sold at Sephora, the blue marble setting spray is one some of my fellow actors use, it does the trick for them, just google it

RE: Setting Spray!

Thanks! Will do 💕

Re: Setting Spray!

@sheisabby Urban Decay De-Slick is my holy grail setting spray!   I have combo skin, but live in a super hot and humid area where my makeup used to melt off just walking from the parking garage to my office at 8 a.m. - no exaggeration!  De-Slick helps it last much longer, although if I go out for lunch or to run an errand in the afternoon, I do need to touch up and re-spray.

Good luck! ❤️

Hi @sheisabby,

I second @Tamara76's comment. The Urban Decay De-Slick is amazing for oily skin. I use it as well. It's the only thing that keeps my makeup on!

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

RE: Re: Setting Spray!

Urban decay just doesn’t work for me 😓 which is a real bummer tbh, I wanted to love it. But thanks anyway 💕💕

Hi @sheisabby,

My skin is very oily and my holy grail setting spray that helps controls my oil throughout the day is the Too Faced Peach Mist Mattifying Setting Spray – Peaches and Cream Collection. I've tried several of mattifying setting sprays but this one definitely keeps my makeup in place. I recommend not spraying it too close to the face. You can find it here > https://www.sephora.com/product/peach-mist-mattifying-setting-spray-peaches-cream-collection-P422850....

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

Thanks! I’ll have to give this one a try 💕

@sheisabby,

I have pretty oily skin myself and one of my favorites is the SEPHORA COLLECTION Beauty Amplifier Set and Refresh Spray. My makeup does not look the same without it. It is not overly drying and almost gives my skin a softer looking finish.

https://www.sephora.com/product/beauty-amplifier-set-refresh-spray-P407323?skuId=1771781&icid2=produ...

❤️ Melissa

Oh wow, I haven’t heard of this product yet! I’ll have to try it out, thanks! 💕💕

Urban Decay's All-Nighter spray! Everything stays in place all day with it. 

I bought it recently and it didn’t work for me 😭 Maybe the de-slick? Have you tried the cover fx setting spray?

Re: RE: Re: Setting Spray!

I'm not as big a fan of De-Slick because it hasn't helped my makeup last in the past. Haven't tried the CoverFX, sorry, but I have heard good things about the new Too Faced Peach spray even though I haven't personally tried that one. Are you also using a primer and/or setting powder? 

RE: Re: RE: Re: Setting Spray!

Thanks! I’ve heard the too faced peach is pretty good as well, but I also heard it leaves those white spots. I’d have to try it out. And yes I currently use the Laura Geller Oil control primer and the airspun setting powder but I’m thinking of buying the cover fx setting powder, heard its good for oily skin people.
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing