Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

SUPER OILY SKIN

I need help ASAP!!! My skin is so oily, I use the ole herks green line for oily skin & I still feel oily. I need skin care tips or foundation tips on how to keep my face & brows matte. Thank you!!

Re: SUPER OILY SKIN

Hi!

I'd also like to add - if your skin is overcompensating, then your deeper layers of your skin might actually be dehydrated.  If this is the case, I'd recommend a Hyaluronic Acid, either direct like  THE ORDINARY - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, or a light lotion that has it already incorporated like Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL

Hope this helps!

Re: SUPER OILY SKIN

If you're using just the green line then you could be stripping your skin and so your skin is making more oil to compensate for it.

I would suggest switching out the cleanser and toner for something more hydrating like Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash 5 oz/ 150 mL and LANEIGE - Essential Power Skin Toner for Combination to Oily Skin. I would also use a more hydrating moisturizer at nighttime like the Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL.

For makeup I would suggest the MAKE UP FOR EVER - Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer, a little goes a long way with this one and then set with either Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent or Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Setting Powder Butter (the Fenty is much more matte).

Hope this helps!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing