Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Primers

Make never seems to stay on my face for very long . It’s like the make up absorbs in my skin . What are some good primer I could try and setting sprays

Re: Primers

Hey!

Oily skin is like dry skin where it’s a balancing act! The right primer does make a difference, but the right moisturizer can also be a game changer for a multitude of reasons. Some of my favorites for both:

Moisturizer:

#Dr.Brandt Pores No More Mattifying Hydration Gel 

ORIGINS - Original Skin™ Matte Moisturizer with Willowherb

Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL

FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello FAB Coconut Water Cream

Primers

TOO FACED - Primed & Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer – Peaches and Cream Collection

HUDA BEAUTY The Complexion Perfection - Pre-makeup Base Primer 1.01 oz/ 30 mL(It’s described as hydrating but it works wonders for my oil)

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer - Mattifying Primer - For Oily Skin

SEPHORA COLLECTION Beauty Amplifier Mattifying H2O Gel Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL

Setting Spray

#kat von d lock it setting makeup setting mist

BOSCIA - White Charcoal Mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray

VOLITION BEAUTY - Oil-Control Mattifying Mist

Hi @moran1mr23,

I recommend the MAKE UP FOR EVER - Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primerand the Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray 4 oz/ 118 mL. I use this combination and it seems to help with controlling oils and keeping my makeup lasting longer throughout the day. Hope this helps!

Best,

Rebecca 

@moran1mr23 You're dehydrated. Skin will suck moisture from anything to help rebalance. it's a skincare issue instead. What exact skincare products do you use?

I try to do the 12 step Asian route but cheap version lol how can I fix the issues 

I use benefit moisture . Dr. Bronners pure Castral soap , Morning burst , Shea mosture toner , and Freeman Feeling Beautiful Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask .  Barely drink water !

I would switch out most of your products. They contain drying ingredients, causing the dehydration and excess oils. The skin is trying to balance itself, but having a hard time.

Which Sea Moisture toner? How often are you using the mask? How does your skin feel in the morning or after just water? Dry, tight, slick or something else?

Increase your water intake. Could be water with lemon/lime, tea, from fruits and vegetables.

Do you want recommendations for products at Sephora or drugstore too? 

@moran1mr23

RE: Re: Primers

What are some skin care products I could tru drug store? And also suggestions for primers

After using the mask my face feels clean . After using morning burst it feels soft and clean . The Dr. Bronners makes my skins feel tight . When I first wake up in the morning my skin is normal !

could you recommend some drug store and Sephora products and primers .

I use the mask once’s a week also 

@moran1mr23 I love YSL Touche Éclat Blur Primer and Make Up For Ever Mist and Fix.

Hi @moran1mr23,

Here are some of my favorite face primers:

-Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40 mL

This primer works great for dry skin and pairs well will a radiant finish foundation.

-Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold

This primer also pairs well with a radiant finish foundation and helps blurs imperfections.  

-Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g

This primer helps smooths and makes makeup last longer.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Steph 

I’ve samples the tatcha one before . It’s very expensive!

Too Faced Primed and Peachy is an awesome primer! I have oily skin and pores the size of Texas, so I have tried every primer in the world. I'm currently using Primed and Peachy, but just reached out to the Makeup Is Life group to see if there might be something better. I feel as though products work for me for a few months, then my skin somehow stops responding to it and I'm back as an oil slick ugh! 

I have looked on the Sephora app and bought primers rated at 4 to 5 stars (e.g., the POREfessional, Dr. Brandt, Peter Thomas Roth Skin to Die For.... You name it. I haven't tried Tatcha and I'm also trying go get feedback on Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer. Fingers crossed I find something. I hope you do too!

RE: Re: Primers

I have oily skin and I find the tatcha primer separates the foundation (cover fx) on my nose
14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing