cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Primer that has it all?

Hello loves! So recently I found out that my favorite primer has been discontinued 😞 I was so upset because it was PERFECT for me, I have oily, somewhat acne prone skin and my last primer was silicone based, had SPF in it and worked amazingly with my oily skin. So now, I'm at a loss for what primer to use. I loved having SPF and environmental protection in a primer that also left my skin feeling smooth and oil free. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Primer that has it all?

Hi @Mirtur ,

I love the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mLand also suggest the Dior Diorskin Forever & Ever Wear Makeup Primer SPF 20 1 oz/ 30 mL Both worked really well with my oily skin. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@Mirtur  it's price-y but the TATCHA - Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++is amazing!  I also like the coola one COOLA Dawn Patrol™ Classic Makeup Primer SPF 30 1 oz/ 30 mLLike has been said I am a bit wary of relying on primer as my only source of spf. If I am honest during the week when i'm at work I often do - I work inside so my sun exposure is limited. But I deff put on stand alone sunscreen when I'm spending extended time outside. 

@Mirtur I have two favorites: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mLand Cane+Austin Prime and Protect. I don’t rely on the spf in primers or foundation. I think it’s important to use a stand alone spf of 30 or higher everyday, especially if your using acids or vitamin c in your skincare routine. The spf in makeup is just an added bonus. Cane+Austin does contain spf but can be hard to find. I always grab mine on eBay. Hourglass layered over SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40is a perfect combination. It will give you a flawless base to layer your foundation over. ❤️

RE: Re: Primer that has it all?

I have been thinking about trying that Hourglass/Supergoop combo since I love both products. But I am afraid it will create a slippery canvas and makeup will slide off. Can you please elaborate on how you use them ( do you wait for the Unseen to set for example) and which foundations have worked better for you? I live in hot and humid weather so I need all the help!!! Thanks so much in advance! xo

@Anonymous Try one of the Supergoop! ones. I’ve been using their Unseen Sunscreen for a couple weeks now and have enjoyed it, they also have a matte finish version which may work better for your oily skin. It’s called Smooth & Poreless. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing