Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Primer, powder, and spray

I have super oily skin, and i get oily within a few hours of wearing my makeup. I want to invest in a new primer and spray and maybe a powder. What are your recommendations? and which is better, de-slick, all nighter, or the cover fx magnifying spray??

Re: Primer, powder, and spray

@Valeriaa0526Unidentified Agree with All Nighter. Deslick I've used, All Nighter has held up.

Excess oil typically is dehydrated. More oil is produced to rebalance. What exact skincare are you using? Something may be drying the skin out too much as the culprit.

Re: Primer, powder, and spray

@Valeriaa0526 I have combination skin and for oil control I would recommend Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mL. I’ve tried De-Slick and wasn’t super impressed with it. All Nighter just seems to really lock things down. I haven’t been a fan of the CoverFX sprays. 

The primer I currently really like for oil control is BECCA - First Light Priming Filter Face Primer. It comes in a mini-size if you don’t want to invest in a full-size before knowing how well it will work for you. I find that it creates a great base and my makeup applies better and lasts longer. 

As for setting powder, my favourite is Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Setting and Finishing Powder 01 Original Mousseline Pastel because it finishes my looks softly and leaves a natural glow. But if you want a hardcore dry powder that will kick oil’s butt, go for Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent. It doesn’t get drier than that! 😊

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing