Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Pores, and oil, and wrinkles...oh my!!

So for any of us older ladies, 55+, what foundation are you finding that works with the dreaded 3...oil, pores, and wrinkles?  I am going to be found under a collapsed pile of makeup that simply doesn't work and I was too lazy to return.  

When I properly color-match the pores become highlighted, which isn't a good look...until it becomes a fashion trend I'm stuck having to reapply my makeup half way through the day.  I truly do like natural finish, but then the oil shows up less than two hours later and I want to powder the heck out of my face.  Estee Lauder Doublewear stays on the best but it does tend to creep into lines and wrinkles.  Help!!

Re: Pores, and oil, and wrinkles...oh my!!

I'm well over 60 and have been using Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau for a while. My skin is neither oily nor really dry and my pores are sort of medium. I use a fairly light touch and the coverage is medium so my skin shows through but the colour is evened out.

Re: Pores, and oil, and wrinkles...oh my!!

@HeartSeen  I'm currently trying Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation SPF 30 360 - Citrine.  I've had to recently change my foundation because I'm creeping into my 40s and I just can't use the same ones I use (Fenty, Estee Lauder, Smashbox) to because it keeps settling into my lines and I look crazy. LOL.  I've been wearing this foundation for 3 weeks.  I love it!!!   My deepest lines are on my smile lines and it doesn't settle on it.  I'd pop into a Sephora and ask for a sample before you invest in it. I also have large pores and it doesn't settle on them.   It's a natural finish as well, feels light throughout the day.  If you like to powder, I'd just do a light dusting because it's almost self setting.  Hope this helps! 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing