Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Oily skin

I'm in desperate need of a real good oily skin primer and setting spray. I have extreme oily skin and I work outside. I need something that'll keep my skin matte and will withstand sweat. No lie i start doing my makeup and by the time i finish I'm already greasy. 

Re: Oily skin

Hi there, 

There are already many other threads that exist with this exact topic. Please use the search bar. 

For more information, go here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Fenty-dry-skin-foundation-questions-Search-is-your-fri...

RE: Oily skin

The B6 by urban decay is a good priming spray, I pair that with the soap and glory heck of a blot primer

in my experience, primers just add to the oiliness rather than keeping it at bay. the only primer that has worked for me is becca ever matte. it has a bit of a learning curve to it and may not play well with all foundations, but a little goes a long way and it is truly mattifying.

personally, i've looked beyond primers for solutions. i like to use a light dusting of finely milled loose powder after moisturizer and before foundation to set the moisturizer and give a surface for the foundation to cling to. i've also been using hylamide pore control to decent success; it is a very light, fast-absorbing serum applied before moisturizer.

my go-to setting spray is skindinavia, they have sales all the time and their oil control spray is a huge help in making things last. i am interested however in trying new mattifying sprays - i have my eye on the boscia white charcoal one and an oil control one by volition beauty. all this being said, i still get shiny by 4pm but i'm proud to say that with the right products i'm actually less oily looking when i wear makeup than when i don't. best of luck!

Anonymous Insider

try skindinavia primer and setting spray! 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing