Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Oily skin holy grails!

Just like all my fellow oily skin sisters and brothers, I have tried hundreds of products hoping to find my holy grails. I have only come across ONE product that deserves that title, my Fresh Umbrian Clay Mask. I was wondering what your holy grail products are. I want to hear about them all! Serums, moisturizers, cleansers, masks, toners, eye cream,  beauty tools  . . . EVERYTHING!

Re: Oily skin holy grails!

I recommend The Ordinary's Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%.  It helps to mattify and plump skin, and also to reduce acne scars (if you have any).  People complain that it's tacky but I have used other Niacinamide serums and they're all tacky at first.  If you give them a few minutes to sink in your skin will feel smooth.  

https://www.sephora.com/product/niacinamide-10-zinc-1-P427417

@curlychiquita I have been eyeing a few of their products but they're ALWAYS out of stock, I assume it's for good reason too. This is one of the products on my wishlist. Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on it soon.

So I honestly haven't found much of a holy grail routine yet (Hopefully someday) but if you're EXTREMELY oily you should definitely try the smashbox studio skin foundation. I tried it and it is seriously the ONLY foundation that stays on me for 8+ hours (which is a HUGE deal for my skin). I recommend it if you're looking for a new foundation. That foundation is my HOLYGRAIL.

theblancnieve wrote:

Just like all my fellow oily skin sisters and brothers, I have tried hundreds of products hoping to find my holy grails. I have only come across ONE product that deserves that title, my Fresh Umbrian Clay Mask. I was wondering what your holy grail products are. I want to hear about them all! Serums, moisturizers, cleansers, masks, toners, eye cream,  beauty tools  . . . EVERYTHING!

@Subero I have not tried any Smashbox products with the exception of a primer years ago. Something to definitely look into, putting it on the "get a sample" list. Thanks!

Hi @theblancnieve,

I have yet to try the Fresh Umbrian Clay Mask! I have oily skin and I'll link my holy grail products that helps controls my shine throughout the day:

I definitely recommend visiting your local Sephora store to get a sample of these product if they are available. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

@RaquelBT I've been eyeing both the YSL and the Ole Henriksen products. What do you personally like about them and any tips? Also have you tried the Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation? If so, how would you compare it to the YSL?

Hi @theblancnieve,

I personally really like the YSL All Hours Full Coverage foundation because it has a matte finish that is long wearing! Since my skin is very oily, I need to use a mattifying primer and setting spray to help control my oil. The matte finish from this foundation helps controls my oil as well!

I haven't tried the Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation yet. I've heard great things about this foundation but I haven't found my most fitting shade yet! Is this one of your favorite foundations? 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

@RaquelBT 

I have not tried the Laura Mercier foundation but it is on my wishlist. I too have heard great things about it but can't really decide on a shade online (closest store is 40 minutes away). I'm not 100% sure about the shade that is "matching" my color id. I've also seen a few claims that when the YSL and LM foundations are mixed together, the results are even better. I for one haven't really gotten on the mixing foundation train just yet so.

RE: Re: Oily skin holy grails!

When you link something in the discussion how do I go about opening that link? Newbie

Re: RE: Re: Oily skin holy grails!

Hi @760Lady,

You can either click the link or copy and paste the link to your web browser! 🙂 

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing