Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Oily skin and hair!!!!

Hey y'all I'm not one to really join forums or blogs or whatever you call it.. LOL but I know Sephora has a vast majority of beauty and makeup lovers of all kinds. So I figured this would be the perfect place to get some advice. I have extremely oily skin and I also have indented acne scars. Everything about my skin I can't stand. It's like I was cursed and I'm sure other people feel this way. I also have extremely oily hair even though I wash it everyday and have used shampoo specifically for oily hair. It seems like the only option left is isotretinoin which is not an option for me. I feel like I have tried every product out there for oily skin. I've tried just about every cleanser for oily skin on the market at the drugstore and even a few prestigious brands. I know people with oily skin are still supposed to use moisturizer which I hate because most make me feel completely greasy. One that seems to absorb quite well is the "Then I Met You" calming gel cream. However using this does it make a difference and my sebum production. I tried almost every primer for oily skin it feels like. I'm currently using elf matte primer. I'm using covergirl matte foundation and covergirl oil absorbing pressed powder. The map coverage literally only lasts maybe 10 minutes. Yes I carry oil blotting sheets with me but the ones I have I don't think work as well as others I have tried. And the other issue is my extremely oily scalp. I can go to bed with nice clean fresh air after taking a shower and blow drying it and wake up looking like a greasy mop from top of my head. This is no exaggeration. I've also noticed my hair has been thinning very rapidly over the past couple of years and I'm wondering if it has to do with my oily scalp. Maybe the oil is preventing new hair follicles from growing? I do see a dermatologist and he put me on Spironolactone 25mg over a month ago. He also started me on tretinoin cream 0.025%. At my next appointment I am going to mention to him that I think I need to up my dose on both medications. Has anyone had a knee success with spironolactone for oily skin or for hair loss? Any product suggestions or skin care routines I greatly appreciated! This seems to be an issue that they're are not many solutions to!!!!

Conversation Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
testing