Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Oily skin Advice

I've always had really oily and sensitive skin. And I've tried so many things my skin still gets oily and melts away my make up. Any suggestions for some products I could try? 

RE: Oily skin Advice

Not a specific item, but I’ve had luck in oilier areas this (barely) past summer using light skin treatments with niacinamide. It helps regulate sebum and I saw a noticeable difference in breakthrough throughout the day. (The product I used was CosRx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid. With other light, fitting products like a gel moisturizer and primer, either of which could be mattifying, you might have some luck. Typically you’ll want to look for 4%+ niacinamide.)

Re: Oily skin Advice

khillon wrote:

I've always had really oily and sensitive skin. And I've tried so many things my skin still gets oily and melts away my make up. Any suggestions for some products I could try? 

I suggest using the First Aid cleanser and moisturizer. I also have oily and sensitive skin since late teens/ early twenties. I spent years trying to address my oily skin problems but that just led to bad acne. Years later something just clicked and  I started using creamy cleansers and moisturizer to help with the sensitive issues of my skin. I started using products marketed towards dry skin. Even though I had oily skin, these creamy (and sometimes thick) products helped to calm my skin. Now, I just experience the occasional acne and my skin is not oily. I recommend using the cleanser and moisturizer from First Aid. I also recommend using a hydrating sheet mask once a week to calm your skin. 

I hope you find what you’re looking for!

All the best,

D.

khillon wrote:

Same! I have had luck with the MUFE Matte Velvet+ foundat...

Same! I have had luck with the MUFE Matte Velvet+ foundation and the UD Velvet Medium. The powder doesn't seem to be any different if I mix it in or set my face instead, but overall works well. Aside from that, I picked up samples (and full sizes tomorrow) of the Fenty primer and foundation. I can't even explain how amazing the primer is. It's a little better when matched with the foundation (and the foundation is cheaper than MUFE) and I can work a 10 hour day without hardly any oil and no blotting. I've never experienced this in my adult life and I really suggest you check Fenty out. Also the match sticks are suited for oily skin which seems uncommon. (I've had issues with cream contour kits). Hope this helps!
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing