Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Oily Skin

Oily & Dry skin

Hey everyone ,

I have oily and dry skin , so i was wondering what kind of cleanser and moisturizer would be the best for me ?
I've tried so many things that i just don't know anymore. help !

Thanks 

If you are oily on the nose/forehead but dry on the cheek...

If you are oily on the nose/forehead but dry on the cheeks, you've got combo skin. Some cleansers are too mild and leaves a film, some cleansers are too harsh and make my skin dry and flaky. I use L'oreal 360 Clean in the green bottle, or Clinique liquid cleanser for oily skin followed by Clinique Toner 2, then a gel cream moisturizer in the summer or a cream moisturizer in the winter. I exfoliate twice a week (Clinique 7day or just exfoliating scrub). Altho if you don't mind splurging, the only cleanser that impressed me was Thomas Roth anti-aging one in orange bottle. It made my face feel so refreshed and clean, yet not dry or tight at all.

It take some exploring, so just go and collect samples of things that look promising from Sephora.com or the store, then try them one at a time. I do recommend try L'oreal 360 Clean. It's my cheaper alternative and at worst, the scrubber can be used with other cleansers to make them more effective (Sephora sells it for $5, and you can get $1 off L'oreal product coupon from their site).

I have combination skin too! Here's a list of the product...

I have combination skin too! Here's a list of the products I use and why (they vary in price):

Olay Daily Facial Cloths, for oily/combo skin - I can't live without them!! Inexpensive, you get a whole stack for like $8 or so. Each cloth has a soft side and a 'scrubbier' side lol. They polish away all the dead skin cells and yucky-ness that builds up on the oily parts without over-exfoliating the dryer patches. Polishes for smooth skin!

Kate Sommerville Oil-Free Moisturizer - Expensive but really nice product. The perfect medium-moisture-level cream. Not too lightweight and not too intensive. Very versatile in that respect, use it all over, use it at night, use it how you like!

The Body Shop Vitamin E Rich Moisture Cream - Exactly what it sounds. It's formulated for dry skin, so yes it has the potential to break you out in your oily spots, but Vitamin E has amazing topical benefits for all skin types. My dry patches drink this up like crazy and it's improved my overall complexion. It's the only cream I've ever used that have actually made a noticable difference to my dry spots.

I Know Oily Dry Skin Can Be A Big Problem. But It Can Go...

I Know Oily Dry Skin Can Be A Big Problem. But It Can Go Away. My Mom Is A Skincare Dermatologist. I Learned A lot From Her In Many Ways. One thing to do is to always keep blotting sheets with you at all times and they are very affordable you can get some on sephora my favorite is the Hello Kitty ones. They are super cute and affordable. So whenever you feel like your skin is getting oily grab one and plot gently on the skin. For the dry skin always keep a really good moisturizer with you at all times. and before you go to bed wash your skin then apply some cream to keep the skin from drying. Also remember to always to keep away from foods that can cause breakouts. If This does NOT help please contact a dermatologist.
                Love LalaStunning <3 Chow <3

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors