Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Oily Skincare Products and Makeup

What are some must have products for oily skin?  My skin is very oily in places especially on my forehead, but I also have dry patches on my nose and my cheeks tend to stay on the dryer side.  I keep trying different products and nothing helps.

RE: Oily Skincare Products and Makeup

I love using the Smashbox primer water both to prime and set my face! It helps a lot with my oily skin don't since it's a liquid it won't cling to dry patches like other primers do.

Re: Oily Skincare Products and Makeup

What kind of products are you looking for?? Primers, foundations, skin care?? I have just straight up oily skin so I don't have combination from what it sounds like you have with the dry patches.. I really like using the Korres charcoal bar soap as my daily facial cleanser and Ole Henriksen balancing water cucumber toner. This toner has been 1 of my favorite skin care products for a while, it literally gets all the dirt and grime that your cleanser misses, it has also minimized my enlarged pores! The Ole Henriksen line also has a "grease relief" toner/refresher that works really well also (my bf loves this for his oily skin). As for make up, I just started using the mattifying Make Up Forever oil control primer which has worked well but I haven't used it consistently enough to say its my go to primer, but that line has like 5 different primers to help with all different skin types, i would probably go into sephora and play with them to see which one works best for you! I also use the Kat Von D setting powder which also helps with the oil control, but when it comes to setting powders or translucent finishing powders I feel like you really could experiment with different brands (or less expensive) ones and will most likely give you the same results. Foundations- I recently purchased the Fenty Pro Filter and I actually really like it! It lasted all day without causing shine, even though I could feel oily through out the day I just use my Boscia blotting sheets that I literally carry with me everywhere and just helped to maintain, but my make up still looked fresh with no other re-application. My go to drug store foundation is the Maybelline Fit Me Matte poreless foundation that works just as well and I usually finish with Mac Fix+. I hope this is helpful, I actually have a TON of other products that I love to use that have helped me save a chunk a change when it comes to certain products and my oily skin. Sorry for the huge paragraph but I know how frustrating it can be when nothing works!

Re: Oily Skincare Products and Makeup

Hey beauty! So glad your loving our blotting linens! Make sure you check out Sephora for the new cute holiday packaging of our peppermint blotting linens. 

what works for me is a hydrating primer. kat von d hydrat...

what works for me is a hydrating primer. kat von d hydrates my dry spots and keeps my foundation long lasting. I add pore filler nyx or porefessional on my nose and oily spots only. (: start adding little foundation at a time so you know exactly where the foundation looks flaky so less is better ('

RE: Oily Skincare Products and Makeup

I totally relate to you, have the same problem and no makeup last on my oily face . I just keep using bloating paper, This helps a little bit. Sorry
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing