Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Oily Skin

Hey everyone..looking for suggestions for very oily skin.. I'm looking for a good face scrub/wash, day cream and foundation.. if anyone has any suggestions.. I'd love to hear them.. 

Regards.. 

Re: Oily Skin

i use the mario badescu acne cleanser, the peter thomas roth skin peel and his sulfur mask, the AHB stick foundation and for cream i use the SkinActive Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream oily/combo from Garnier

Hi @Zoie1313 ,

I love the Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL and I love the LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation.This is what I use for my oily skin. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thanks so much for the information.. much appreciated.. 

@Zoie1313 Here are a few of my faves:

For daily face washing, I'd recommend the following cleansers: PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanser

or First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

If you don't already, I do highly recommend trying double cleansing though. Start with an oil-based makeup remover like Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil w/ Grape Seed Oil 6 oz/ 180 mL

or CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL

and follow it with a cream cleanser like the ones mentioned above. 

Moisturizers that I've found to work well with oily skin tend to be more of a gel consistency over thicker cream. Some ones that I've liked are CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap, CAUDALIE - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet,

OLEHENRIKSEN - Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer,

and BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bomb.

For foundation, it depends on what coverage you are interested in, but for lighter coverage, I like both bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Mineral Foundation SPF 15 Fair Ivory 02

and DR. JART+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45.

For heavier coverage, I've had good luck with L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte, LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation,

and TARTE - Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me.. I so appreciate all the information.. 

If you life close enough to a store, @Zoie1313, it's definitely worth it to go and get some samples made of a couple of products to try out. That will help you narrow down which ones might work better for you! 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing