Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Oily Skin - Make up melts off by 10am

Hey all, I'm at a loss. I have tried SO many products, I can't afford to keep trying item after item not working. I have an extremely oily T-zone. My make up melts off by 10 am. I have used the following products and they haven't worked for me:

Urban Decay De-Slick Primer (no longer made)

Tarte Peach Perfect Primer

Tarte Peach Perfect Translucent Setting Powder

Benefit Matte Rescue Primer

ALL Urban Decay Setting Sprays (except their new matte one)

Morphe Setting Spray

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

Lorreal's matte foundation

Neutrogena's no-shine primer

Anastasia Beverly Hills Setting Powder

Neutrogena face wash OR as of recent, Panoxyl - to dry my face up a little and get rid of acne. 

Smashbox anti shine primer

BareMinerals original primer

Neutrogena toner

moisturizer (very weightless - can't think of the brand)

blotting sheets

NOTHING IS WORKING. I cannot afford to keep spending all this money, and my heart hurts a little more each time something doesn't work. I'm desparate.

Tags:

Re: Oily Skin - Make up melts off by 10am

I had this same issue and my skin is very oily as well. I was using my hands to put my make up on (big no-no I know) and I also wasn’t using a primer. So I started using a beauty blender and primer and I found a big difference! 

I’ve taken to adding a serum before moisturizer, which add more hydration and exfoliating as often as you think your skin needs it. Try NYX can’t stop won’t stop primer, milk hydrogrip, or elf jelly pop primer. Depending on your budget of course will determine which one is best for you. But these should help lay a good base for your makeup to last. As well as putting powder after you prime Jackie Aina does it on Youtube if you watch her or heard of her 

What's your current skincare routine, @KaitlynChalease? How often are you cleaning? Do you always use moisturizer? Do you exfoliate?

I agree with the other user. If your skin is purging this bad and you have tried other acne ingredients and treatments it may be trying to tell you something. Cut down to cleansing once a day and use a generous amount of a moisturizing noncomidegenic facial oil 2/3 times daily to reset your skin. You may feel the process feels gross, but it's no worse than oily skin that won't go away. After a while you can taper down on the amount of oil you use and your skin may respond by producing less oil. I like Josie Maran products personally. I recommended this process to my roommate and after a lot of not trusting the process she finally gave in and tried, it's cleared up her face and made it a ton less oily. 

@Trapcat any specific products you’d recommend by JM?

I’ve had this issue before and added more hydration to my skin prior to moisturizer. I use a moisturizing toner to hydrate my skin so it’s not overcompensating by producing more oil. Excessively oily skin is often an indicator that your skin is missing hydration, need to fix the skincare before fixing makeup. No makeup can compensate for a skincare issue.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing