Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Oily Skin Girls, what foundation works best for you?

I am extremely oily and I was wondering what foundation works best for acne prone skin and large pores? Any recommendations are welcomed
Anonymous Insider

Re: Oily Skin Girls, what foundation works best for you?

this is one of my favorites.... i have very oily skin btw

@dreamycindy Foundations are definitely made differently with those that are matte vs. hydrating. I am really oily and think the thing that makes the biggest difference is a good mattifying primer. 

I don't wear foundation often, but when I do I like the IT Cosmetics cc cream. Sorry, tagging is not working right now. I use the original, though I know they have an oil-free version but I haven't tried it yet. I have tried more mattifying products like the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. It has nice coverage but I still get oily with it.

My recommendation is Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL It's pricey, but it really does the job. It keeps me matte when nothing else has. A nice bonus is it blurs pores. I always that was a BS claim from makeup companies but it's real with this product. Give it a try, I think you'll like it.

Oily Skin Girls, what foundation works best for you?

I'm currently using the smashbox studio full coverage 24 hours foundation in the shade 4.25, along with my dermablend loose setting powder in warm saffron. Keeps this oily girl shine free (no breakouts) throughout the work day🥰

@dreamycindy,

My face can get so oily and the foundation does not stay on! One of my favorites is the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation. I use a couple of pumps for the day and I can apply more for the night time. It has an awesome amount of coverage and also I have not experienced any breakouts either.

https://www.sephora.com/product/all-day-luminous-weightless-foundation-P393658?icid2=products%20grid...

❤️ Melissa

Hey I seen you say you use Nars all day luminous for oily skin. What kind of primer do you use if you don’t mind me asking! My skin is so oily 

RE: Oily Skin Girls, what foundation works best for you?

Two faced peach perfect foundation. I have super oily skin and it’s the only thing that stays all day. The peach loose powder paired is epic too.
Anonymous Insider

I try to use stick foundations and top with a light powder! I’m currently using Anastasia BH stock foundation and top it off with the Kat Von D powder foundation! It’s the best for my oily skin!👌🏻🙌🏻

Hourglass is the best for me

Mine are Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W4 Hazel, BAREMINERALS - BarePRO™ Performance Wear Liquid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20, TOO FACED - Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation – Peaches and Cream Collection, and LAURA MERCIER - Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation. They're my go-tos whenever I need something to last without looking like a greaseball by the end of the day. All have great coverage for acne and pores. Cheers!

Hi @dreamycindy ,

I wear Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation 445 along with Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mL and my makeup lasts all night. I also really love PERRICONE MD - No Makeup Foundation Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 20 this is great if you are looking for makeup with skincare benefits. It has buildable coverage with a light matte finish as well. I hope that this helps. 

Best,

Zakiya

Hi @dreamycindy ,

My go to foundations are LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation, COVER FX - Power Play Foundation and the DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

RE: Re: Oily Skin Girls, what foundation works best for you?

Thanks I’ll check them out!

RE: Re: Oily Skin Girls, what foundation works best for you?

Thank you! I’ll try them out
14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing