Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Oily Skin

Need recommendations!!

My face stays pretty oily throughout the day, especially because I live in a very humid place. Of course right after I wash it, it's awesome...but then as the hours pass by they bring the oil with them. My question is, what is a good skin care regimen, meaning face wash, perhaps a toner, and a moisturizer, if even needed, to help reduce the oil. Need some advice!! There are so many what seem like good brands, which ones do you guys recommend? 

I like Clinique's products, and Dr. Brandt's are good too...

I like Clinique's products, and Dr. Brandt's are good too:

Clinique:

Clinique Liquid Facial SoapClinique Clarifying Lotion 3 or Clinique Clarifying Lotion 4, (3 is for combination-oily skin and 4 is for oily skin.) and Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel work well together, along with Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. It hydrates your skin so it doesn't make as much oil, somehow. (it's oil free, too.)

Good products from Dr. Brandt:

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more® vacuum cleaner™ is a good cleanser that gets the oil out of your pores.

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more® anti-aging mattifying lotion mattifies your face and helps keep shine at bay.

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more® pore refiner matte finish and keeps shine away (just not anti-aging.)

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more® pore effect refining cream minimizes pores and hydrates skin.

Korres is an excellent all natural brand that has a great...

Korres is an excellent all natural brand that has a great skin balancing skincare regimen for oily skin.  The Korres Pomegranate Regimen Kit is a Sephora-exclusive set that is fantastic for anyone with oily skin. This refreshing, perfecting regimen will keep oil under control all day with the power of pomegranate.  The set includes a White Tea Cleanser, an Evening Primrose Eye Cream, a Pomegranate Cream-Gel, a Pomegranate Mask, and a Pomegranate Scrub which you can find here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=C53VB32JR5YSECV0KQNQ5UQ?id=P221906&categoryId...

In case you're interested in makeup products to help with your oiliness, I will give you some information about that, too.  I have very, very oily skin, too, so I understand exactly what you're going through.  The best way to help control oiliness is to use an oil-controlling primer.  The best oil-controlling foundation primers that I have ever used to stop my extreme oiliness from breaking through are the following two:

Make Up For Ever All Mat Foundation Primer which you can read more about at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P169809&categoryId=B70

Givenchy Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer which you can read all about at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=RBWSFQGW0KMH2CV0KSKBPIQ?id=P231022&categoryId=B70

A fantastic foundation for oily skin is Make Up For Ever All Mat + Mattifying Foundation.  It’s a shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation that hides imperfections, evens out skin tone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish.  The result is flawless and lasts for hours.  Although this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs (a little goes a long way).  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P177117&categoryId=B70

You can use Make Up For Ever’s “Foundation Shade Finder” tool to help you choose the correct shade to match your skin tone.  You can access it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=MAKE%20UP%20FOR%20EVER&contentId=C19212

Also, I would recommend setting your foundation with Urban Decay’s De-Slick Mattifying Foundation Powder which is a colorless, shine-controlling powder that comes in a handy mirrored compact so you can carry it with you for touchups throughout the day.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P210592&categoryId=B70.  The little puff that comes in the compact is great for touchups, but I’d recommend applying the powder with a big fluffy powder brush when first setting your foundation to give your face a nice air-brushed finish.  Here’s an example of the type of brush I’m referring to:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P183725&categoryId=B70.  A little tip I learned is to keep the little piece of plastic that comes between the puff and the powder so that you’ll have a barrier between the two so the oils that come off your skin onto the puff won’t sink into the powder—it helps the powder stay clean and fresh.

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal Smiley Happy

My skin can get really oily during the summer too. The be...

My skin can get really oily during the summer too. The best skincare regimen I know of to combat oily skin is actually quite affordable and is now sold by Sephora: The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil skincare products. Since you want a whole skincare regimen, the best value for you would be The Body Shop "Tea Tree 4-Piece Facial Skin-Care Regime" (Sephora Product Page)

teatree.jpg

For under $30, you receive the following products:

"Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash" A gel-based cleansing facial wash that removes excess oil without over-drying the skin. 

"Tea Tree SKin Clearing Toner" A refreshing toner that removes traces of cleanser, makeup, and impurities. 

"Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion" This is the ideal moisturizer for oily skin because it provides hydration where you need it but helps keep oily spots mattified.

"Tea Tree Oil" An effective spot treatment that reduces the appearances of blemishes overnight.

Of course, you can also buy all these products separately if you prefer. Using this skincare regimen really helped my skin become less oily throughout the day. There are other products that can provide extra insurance that your face won't get oily. I recommend Urban Decay "De-slick in a Tube Mattifying Gel" (Sephora Product Page) This product is extremely effective at keeping skin mattified and shine-free all day long. Just blend this into your skin after your moisturizer and your skin will be much less oily, no matter how humid it is.

de-slick.jpg

I hope this helps you! Smiley Happy

Well, if your face is fine after you wash it, and only ob...

Well, if your face is fine after you wash it, and only obtains oil later on in the day. The only thing i would recommend are clean and clear oil absorbing sheets. When you're out and about, just grab a sheet, and dab it all over your face, it'll absorb all your oil off the surface off your skin.

Have you tried the Purpose cleansing bar? My dermatologis...

Have you tried the Purpose cleansing bar? My dermatologist recommended it to me because I have acne-prone skin, but my skin wasn't quite as oily as he probably assumed. Maybe it's better suited for your skin? It's around $4 at drugstores/Walmart/Target, so it doesn't hurt to try it. As for toner, you should avoid toners with alcohol. I know Neutrogena makes an alcohol-free one, but to be honest, I don't think a toner is necessary in a regimen if your cleanser does its part. Lastly, for moisturizers you should stick with oil-free. I use Murad's Skin Perfecting Lotion religiously, but I would suggest sampling different moisturizers. If you're looking for a full-on regimen, you may want to try Clinique's 3-step regimen tailored for oily skin. I know the toner has alcohol in it, but I actually read on one of these forums from another person that Clinique makes toners that are free of alcohol in the Asian market/airport shops. I'm sure you can find the alcohol-free toner online somewhere. I hope this helps and good luck!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
  • teatree.jpg
  • de-slick.jpg