Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Need help! Trying to build a good regimen for my very oily skin/huge pores/some breakouts/& over 50!

Hi!  

So it's been years since I've posted.  Here I am over 50 with super oily skin, huge pores and I do still get breakouts. My skin has been more oily and I've had to deal with breakouts more since I've been older than I ever did when I was younger (not fair, now that I'm getting wrinkles too!!!). 

Anyway, I'm hoping for some ideas for cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer to change things up a bit. I've used mostly Mario Bodescu products for the past few years and they worked great, but lately I feel like it's time for a change, things just aren't working quite as well, I'm getting more breakouts than I used to and I'm just feeling like I need to change things up. The other thing just to make things interesting is that right now I need to kinda watch my budget, so I can't just run out and grab the most expensive products out there.  Any and all ideas for cleansers, toners, serums, and moisturizers that have worked for you would be much appreciated!! 

Thanks in advance!! 

Re: Need help! Trying to build a good regimen for my very oily skin/huge pores/some breakouts/& over 50!

Hi! I would recommend to use blotting paper, is not expensive and it is really helpful. 

Re: Need help! Trying to build a good regimen for my very oily skin/huge pores/some breakouts/& over 50!

Here are my tips: wash your face regularly and keep your hands off your face. Be sure to change your pillow sheath and better put clean towel on it and wash the towel everyday. Sleep well. I noticed that lack of sleep due to my college project reflected bad on my skin (I wish I had used some help of . Watch your food stay away from oily food. Be sure drink alot of water. Finally wash your hand before and after doing anything , and if you going outside keep wipes with you or disinfect for hands . And don't use or apply any make up cuz it increase pimples specially for oily skin. Hope this helps

Hi @JC1967 !  I empathize with you.  Most of my skin is dry, except my forehead and nose, which has large pores.  I haven't been able to fix the nose issue, but I have found some great products that may work for you.

I have found that #Kiehl's Calendula Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser does a great job of cleansing and getting rid of excess oil (and even makeup.)  I don't care for the Calendula toner though; it stays sticky on my face.

I also use The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL. It helps to exfoliate the skin to help its texture. And it's only $8.70.

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  is meant to treat oily skin and pores. $5.90.

I have the following two products, and like them: The Ordinary "Buffet" 1 oz/ 30 mL serum is for aging skin- $14.80, and the The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% Serum for Facial Wrinkles 1 oz/ 30 mL  - $7.90, helps to relax forehead lines and wrinkles around the eye.  I honestly have used this over my entire face and liked the results. 🙂

The Ordinary also makes some cleansers and moisturizers, but I haven't tried those so I can't recommend them personally, although they are popular.

My everyday a.m. moisturizer is Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL .  It's expensive, but it really makes my skin smooth and helps my forehead to be less oily than if I don't use it.  It also lasts forever, and most of the time I only use this and not a primer when I wear foundation.

I hope you find some products that you love!

@Ispend2much6 @I agree, the Kiehl’s face wash is amazing!

Thank you so much!! I have definitely been curious about the ordinary products, so I'm definitely going to try them! 

@JC1967   You are very welcome!  Their site has a lot of information on the products and how to mix and match them.  The parent company is Deciem.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing