Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Oily Skin

Mattifying gel

I have really oily skin and I constantly have to reapply powder throughout the day, is there any mattifying gel or product that I can put on my face in the morning and make my oil stay away all day?

Hi Rockandrollmann.  There are definitely products to hel...

Hi Rockandrollmann.  There are definitely products to help.  What is your current skincare regimen? Feel free to comment on my reply or click on my profile to send me a private message.

Re: Hi Rockandrollmann.  There are definitely products to hel...

I currently wash my face with St. Ives Apricot Scrub at night and use a moisturizer afterwards, I also exfoliate 1-2 nights a week.

Thanks for replying! I recommend trying Peter Thomas Roth...

Thanks for replying! I recommend trying Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel. It will mattify your skin and help control oil throughout the day.

product image

http://www.sephora.com/anti-shine-mattifying-gel-P21170?skuId=571257

Re: Thanks for replying! I recommend trying Peter Thomas Roth...

Thanks so much!

You say you're exfoliating quite often and with a harsher...

You say you're exfoliating quite often and with a harsher scrub (apricot scrubs can be a bit rough on skin) and that your skin is oily. Are you exfoliating so much because you notice dry skin or just that you happen to be using that scrub for the time being?

Your skin may be freaking out and over producing oil because you're constantly stripping away at it with the scrub to where your skin feels it needs to overproduce oil to keep the skin hydrated because it's constantly shedding layers.

I would switch over to a gel based cleanser (Bosica makes a gentle cleansing oil that also breaks down make up really well) to break down oils properly without over stripping skin of the healthy oils your skin produces on its own.

Use light weight moisturizers (again, Bosica and also Peter Thomas Roth has some to look into, PTR also has a great mattifying lotion), and as for a mattifying gel, the PTR one mentioned is good, Urban Decay's DeSlick in a Tube also works wonders and Smashbox has a mattifying gel as well.

Too Faced's Primed and Poreless powder can be used as a primer under make up and over make up to set everything, and since it's in powder form there are no emulsifiers that stay creamy feeling on the skin, it really helps to soak up and control oil. Benefit's Porefessional is also a nifty wonder tool that can be a mattifying gel or primer, and can even be tapped on top of make up to keep skin at bay without adding or caking on powder as the day wears on.

Hi, I have combination skin, mostly on the oily side. I u...

Hi, I have combination skin, mostly on the oily side. I use Sephora's Anti-Shine Primer. It covers up my shine quickly without feeling sticky. It leaves a smooth finish for my makeup. It's about $20 and it last a long time.
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors