Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Mascara

I am looking for a mascara for my very oily eyelids.

So far I have tried with in the last 6 or 7 months:

Dior Diorshow Black Out Waterproof Mascara#

Fenty Beauty Full Frontal Volume, Lift & Curl Mascara

Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir

Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara, waterproof and non-waterproof

Blinc Mascara

and ALL of them have smudged under my eyes giving me "racoon eyes."

I started with putting mascara on both, top and bottom lids and as soon as it transferred under my eyes, I started putting mascara only on just the top and I still had black under my eyes.

I have even tried brushing on setting spray and that was worse and sometimes made the mascara run.

Any suggestions?

Re: Mascara

This might sound a bit odd @SandyO65 , but have you considered using an eyeshadow primer on your eyelids to control the oil?  I use/love and tell everyone with oily lids about the Nars pro prime.  I find that my lids don't get nearly as oily when I'm wearing this and it helps keep my mascara from getting any oil transfer that lets it rub off.

I second @missjeanie's tip. Using an eyeshadow primer on oily eyelids helps stop smearing and smudging because sometimes when your mascara touches your eyelids, it smudges. Great tip! <333

Hi @SandyO65,

If you have oily lids, I highly recommend using an eyelash primer. This will help your mascara stay on and improve the longevity. I really like the DIOR - Diorshow Maximizer 3D Triple volume plumping lash primer.

Also, I find that waterproof mascaras are the best for oily eyelids. If there is a mascara I really like and it smudges on me, I like to layer mascara and put a waterproof one on last. This has really worked for me.

I had pretty good luck with IT cosmetics mascara. (Though weirdly, I found the full-size container to be messy. Had zero issues with the sample.)

Hi @SandyO65 ,

I have oily lids as well. Have you tried the tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara Black? It is one of my faves! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing