Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Marc Jacobs beauty genius gel foundation

hey has anyone with oily skin tried this foundation? I have been debating on giving it a try since I have not really tried a gel based foundation but have used gel based moisturizers and they work the best for me without making me look extremely shinny!

RE: Marc Jacobs beauty genius gel foundation

Its actually pretty decent for oily skin... at least in my experience. I can hit the 5 to 6 hour mark before the oils start taking over which is better than most foundations. It touches up well but it's not full coverage if that's what you are after. It has a decent amount of "working" time when applying... doesn't dry down super fast so you can blend and build and get it pretty smooth without rushing in my opinion.

Re: RE: Marc Jacobs beauty genius gel foundation

@xMikkix is there anything you would say could make it more full coverage? Like mixing with another foundation..ectra.. Also, do you use a BB or brush? I've found using BBs don't give me much coverage while a good foundation brush gives me so much more. I'm currently in love with Tartes bamboo foundation airbrush ❤️

RE: Re: RE: Marc Jacobs beauty genius gel foundation

@CHollywood sorry for the late response... UD’s Velvetizer mixed in applied with a good dense flat top kabuki brush is best if you want to get this foundation full coverage... stipple and buff to build the coverage. I found using a BB with this foundation wasn’t quite as good.
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing