Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

MAKEUP FOR EXTREMELY OILY SKIN

i have ridiculously oily skin....even after using setting spray, BECCA evermatte primer, and baking my face with the laura mercier loose powder; my face still ends up oily within less than a few hours....i'm tired of having to add more powder on 100 times a day.. any suggestions???????

I had the same problem but the Too Faced peach setting po...

I had the same problem but the Too Faced peach setting powder and spray work really well for me. I moisturize and prime with matte primer and use those two and it really helped me not have to touch up for 6 or 8 hours. I like the peach matte foundation too but others have worked well too.

RE: MAKEUP FOR EXTREMELY OILY SKIN

@ToriGodlein It sounds like it’s not a product issue but a skin issue. Your skin is probably very dehydrated which in turn, produces more oil. Adding a facial oil to your routine will benefit you more than you think. Your skin needs some major hydration. Choosing the correct oil depends on your concerns. Are you acne prone? Then I suggest UFO by Sunday Riley.

I always apply a matte or oil controling primer (I prefer MAC oil control lotion all over and Benefit Pores no more on my T-Zone) a super matte foundation (UD Up all Night). Then I set my face with MAC Blotting Powder, it's an oil absorbing pressed powder. I only use the Laura Mercier one under my eyes, it helps makeup from settling into fine lines not so much for complete oil absorption. Then I set my face with UD All Nighter spray. I don't have to do any touch ups throughout the day and I work 11-12 hr shifts as a hairstylist/makeup artist. Hope this helps!

Maybe to help with the oiliness try the murad Matteffect blotting perfector! It's my life saver. By far the best product I've ever tried for oiliness

hun, maybe you're skin is so oily due to being dehydrated...

hun, maybe you're skin is so oily due to being dehydrated? Have you tried adding an oil to your routine for night? I've noticed on the nights i use an oil, my skin is less oily the next day. **not trying to sound like i know everything...just a suggestion! I feel your struggle lol.

RE: hun, maybe you're skin is so oily due to being dehydrated...

i do moisturize but maybe an oil would help more.... do you have any that you would recommend?????

RE: hun, maybe you're skin is so oily due to being dehydrated...

I apologize I need to set the alerts on here I like talking about products, I myself use a vitamin Oil but just a dab. Having oily skin isn’t a bad thing you just have to make sure you keep routine of your beauty treatment. If you can when you get up in the morning drink water and that will help kick off your hydration for the day, I notice when that time of the month pops up I don’t see not sit friends I usually will get one “ download zit” aka that one that hurts a lot! lol I hope this helped let me know how it goes. 😊❤️

Murad oil control mattifier with SPF 15, Glamglow volcasmic moisturizer, and Dr. brandt pores no more primer (:

i tried the dr.brandt primer and it didn't work too well for me but i'll definitely check out everything else!

Re: MAKEUP FOR EXTREMELY OILY SKIN

The struggle is real. The Laura Mercier loose powder never worked for controlling my oil and it settled in my nasolabial lines, although recently I've used it for my under eye area and it works fine for that.

I use MUFE super matte loose powder all over my face, run a brush over it to remove the excess then top it with a bit of MUFE HD powder or other setting powder. By lunch time I blot my face with those brown paper towels they have at work because blotting papers aren't big enough for my oily mess. Then I touch up with the Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder in Shine Control Matte Translucent (it's got a pale green tint to it in the pan). I still have issues with oil but I find the MUFE super matte loose powder along with blotting doesn't leave me looking cakey by the end of the day. I'm still always on the lookout for loose powders to try as I go through a ridiculous amount.

@0elle0 I've just started applying loose powder with a damp beauty blender, and it's been working great. Maybe you could try different techniques for setting your makeup?

Sometimes I layer powder and setting spray applications. I think I will always get shiny because my skin is oilier than anyone I have ever seen but I've gotten to the point where I can get away with 1-2 touch ups during the work day. At least my oil problem has helped my skin look better than most people my age.

Do ever try to moisturizer ur skin all night and refresh during the day ? My T zone is too oily and doing that is been helping me a bit .... I try moist my skin first and when is absorbed I do my makeup routine and it's helps and I use a lot setting spray (matte finish) after my makeup and used after hours too

I have had oily skin forever lol the good thing about it is it purges everything from your face. I'm 34 now but In my 20s I only used powder no liquid foundation until, I changed til clinque acne prone foundation, soon as 30 hit my skin was like sorry that's not working. I moisturizer but like a small size of moisturizer, small dot of vitamin c oil, and vitamin c skin lotion. For my toner I use two one is an apple cider toner and the other is Mario Badescu spray I spray onto a facial pad. But for a matte look I use the banana powder and use the spray before I even apply my make up it has helped along side a blottarazzi I so spelled that wrong lol. I will say when using liquid foundation, it's best to use your clarsonic if you wear heavy make up, but if you use a cc or B.B. Cream I use the facial make up balm, than wash my face, at night when I moisturizer, I use two pumps of my facial oil and lotion. Wake up and have one bottle of water. Hope this helps 😊 just remember your skin changes every year. I really never had a lot of breakouts since I was in elementary school lol middle school 1 big zit that high school nada.. 20s nada. In my 30s to stay consistent with my skincare routine is my main thing and preparing my face for my make up and obtain the oils. Glowing is nice just have to prep your skin well. Tee

Re: RE: MAKEUP FOR EXTREMELY OILY SKIN

Have you tried using powder before foundation?

RE: Re: RE: MAKEUP FOR EXTREMELY OILY SKIN

yes i did and it ended up making my skin look really cakey.....
16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing