Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Laura Mercier secret finish mattifying primer (discontinued)

Does anyone know of a primer that is like the old discontinued Laura Mercier Secret Finish Mattifying?  It's thick and clear like a thick gel and I love it.  It makes my makeup set perfectly.  I recently found an old tube of it in my makeup drawer and used it and can't remember why I ever stopped using it.  I need to try her current one for oily skin but I'm thinking it's not going to be the same.  I have tried other primers that are good but not great.  This one is the bomb.  I need it.  I don't even know what the ingredients are.  Maybe a lot of silicone? 

Tags:

Re: Laura Mercier secret finish mattifying primer (discontinued)

I saw some sellers for that old primer, but it must be expired by now so a new one is the way to go! The bareMinerals Prime Time™ Foundation Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL has a ton of silicone and may have similar texture! It has that silky, silicone/dimethicone ingredient base. If not that specific product, I know Bare Minerals has like four to five silicone based primers that are all a little different.

Some other silicone primers that I enjoy are Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold , Smashbox Photo Finish Smooth & Blur Oil-Free Foundation Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL , The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL (4$!!!!), and Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g .

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing