From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

In the hunt for a new oily skin foundation!

So.. for years I've had really REALLY oily and sensitive skin. And I've tried so many, but they all just melt off my face.. someway somehow. I was just wondering if there was anyone on here who had any suggestions for some foundations I could try? Here's a list of things that have not worked for me: 1)Estee Lauder Double Wear (For some reason it doesn't last on me and it breaks me out) 2)Born this way foundation 3)Lancôme teint idole stick foundation 4)Tarte Amazonian clay foundation AND tinted moisturizer 5)Dermablend liquid camo foundation 6)Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation.. any suggestions????

Anonymous Insider

RE: In the hunt for a new oily skin foundation!

girl go get you some fenty right now.

what primer are u using? I have oily skin and have tried...

what primer are u using? I have oily skin and have tried a million and a half primers and this one always keeps me super matte from 5 am to 6 pm when I get home. Almost too matte lol Also make sure u moisturize with a gel type moisturizer. Your skin tends to produce more oil when its dehydrated. Once u start moisturizing and exfoliating everyday ur face starts to regulate the oil production. Hope this helps! ☺

Re: what primer are u using? I have oily skin and have tried...

Thanks so for much this! I have not tried the primer so I will buy it! And I do set everything I put on! With pressed powders and a loose powders. Which do you use?

Also, make sure u are setting everything u put on ur face...

Also, make sure u are setting everything u put on ur face. Try to stay away from thick foundations and powders as they will also make ur face look cakey with the oils from ur skin. I've even set my primer with a translucent powder on really hot days.

Re: In the hunt for a new oily skin foundation!

I think your skin is more suitable for powder foundations. Try La Prairie.

Powders do work great for my sensitive skin! But they don't last at all! I'll have to try la prairie to see and hopefully it works so thank you!

Anonymous Insider

Have you ever tested out the Lock-It foundation by Kat Von D? I use this in combination with Makeup For Ever's skin equalizing primer (the mattifying option). I set my foundation with the Lock-It powder and use the same brand setting spray. This works for my super shiny skin.

I'm surprised the Double wear didn't work on you, that's the one that I use. Try out the urban decay all nighter foundation. that one is super matte and full coverage. id also try out the kat von d lock it foundation.

Thank you! I'll give that one a try. And honestly idk why it didn't work I've tried it in so many different ways and nothing, it doesn't last more than 3-4 hours on me regardless of primers.. which is a huge bummer cos I know it works amazingly for so many other people! 

Anonymous Insider

I have the same problem. I've tried so many different foundations and still haven't found the right one! 😞

Subero wrote:

So.. for years I've had really REALLY oily and sensitive skin. And I've tried so many, but they all just melt off my face.. someway somehow. I was just wondering if there was anyone on here who had any suggestions for some foundations I could try? Here's a list of things that have not worked for me: 1)Estee Lauder Double Wear (For some reason it doesn't last on me and it breaks me out) 2)Born this way foundation 3)Lancôme teint idole stick foundation 4)Tarte Amazonian clay foundation AND tinted moisturizer 5)Dermablend liquid camo foundation 6)Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation.. any suggestions????

Please let me know if you do find one that works!

Anonymous Insider

I use the nars medium 1 velvet matte skin tint and I like...

I use the nars medium 1 velvet matte skin tint and I like it.
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
testing