Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Oily Skin

Im not sure if I have oily skin or normal skin. How can I tell?

Im not sure if I have oily skin or normal skin. How can I tell?

It's very easy to notice if you have oily skin. Wash your...

It's very easy to notice if you have oily skin. Wash your face in the morning, and then look at your skin in the afternoon. Is your face shiny? can you actually see little beads of oil on your nose and forhead? If you press a blotting sheet on your face, does a lot of oil appear on the sheet, or just a tiny bit? Every skin produces oil, but when you have oily skin, it produces excess oil. Another way to tell is acne. Usually, those with more oily skin are more prone to acne, so if you have breakouts a lot, that's another indicator of oily skin. 

If you had oily skin you would know it!  Your makeup woul...

If you had oily skin you would know it!  Your makeup would not stay on well and you'd be shiny all the time.  

If you have oily skin, it's basically most of the areas o...

If you have oily skin, it's basically most of the areas on your face, but if it's "normal" it's in the category of "combination," and that's when your T-zone is normally oily, too. You can normally tell when you wash your face and notice in an hour or so. Don't put anything on your face, like moisturizer/sunscreen or treatment and see for yourself. I hope this helps and good luck!

Here is a simple way to determine what skin type you have...

Here is a simple way to determine what skin type you have:

A single piece of tissue can help you figure out your skin type.  Wash and dry your face and leave it unmoisturized for three hours.  Then press a tissue to your face and remove it.  You have normal skin if no oil comes of on the tissue and your face doesn’t feel tight or flaky.  You have dry skin if no oil comes off but your face feels dry, tight or flaky.  You have oily skin if there’s oil from your nose, forehead and cheeks.  You have combination skin if there’s oil from your nose and forehead (the areas of your face with the most oil glands) but not your cheeks.

That’s a basic, simple test to determine your skin type, but it really does work.

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal Smiley Happy

Take Clinique's Skincare quiz on their website. It asks y...

Take Clinique's Skincare quiz on their website. It asks you a few questions about your skin and diagnoses your skin as Oily (type 4), Combination Oily (type 3), Combination Dry (type 2), or Dry (type 1).

Then, you can use that to buy their skincare (that's what the type #'s are for) or for buying something else for your skin type.

Hope this helps!!

xoxo, Charlotte

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors