Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

I need help with my uneven dry and oily skin!

Hey, I have a concern that drives me nuts! I tend to get oily skin around my hair line and forehead, but so dry on my cheeks! Does anyone with the same skin type have any product recommendations for control of this. At the moment I am using a CeraVe face cream and niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% from the ordinary. 

Also don't mind my username everything else was taken 

Thanks, 

Emi 

Tags:

Re: I need help with my uneven dry and oily skin!

Girl, you need a hydrating serum to balance your skin so it could produce less oil in the oily areas and balance out your dry areas. Try a hyaluronic acid serum - there are tons out there depending on your budget but I like glow recipes plum plump serum, even inkey list and the ordinary have some. But you def need hydration to balance you out and then you can layer with your other treatments 

as far as moisturizers go, during the day you can try something lighter as I find cerave too thick during the day.  There’s sooooo many out there but I’m using in rotation, first aid beauty barriar cream, Kate Somerville oil-free moisturizer, tatcha water cream. These oil free moisturizers are good during the day. At night, cerave is good as you need something heavier at night. 

again, you can find many oil-free lotions for during the day as these are just some of the ones I use. So basically, a good hydration serum and an oil free moisturizer for during the day and you’ll be balanced within a week or two. Also don’t forget to exfoliate once or twice a week.  

hope this helps! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing