Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Oily Skin

I have very oily/acne/uneven face, how do i stop it?

I have very oily/acne/uneven face, how do i stop it?

I need something that i will use and get results please, i am sick of it and need help!

Accepted Solutions

You should try Philosophy's On a Clear Day kit. It doesn'...

You should try Philosophy's On a Clear Day kit. It doesn't contain benzyl peroxide, so it won't be as drying if your skin is sensitive. If you don't want to invest in the kit, the On a Clear Day oil-free all over acne treatment is really good at getting rid of your acne if you wear a good moisturizer over it. Good luck!

All Replies

I would try Clinique's "Acne Solutions" line of...

I would try Clinique's "Acne Solutions" line of products.  They make some great skincare products (I love their foaming cleanser) and I will list a few below:

You can get the three above items in a set together to try out (and save money by getting them in a set) called "Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit" and you can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P188308​&categoryId=B70

Acne Solutions even makes a liquid foundation, concealer and other makeup products also.  The Acne Solutions products are gentle on sensitive skin, too.

I hope this helps you.  Smiley Happy

Do NOT use Clinique!! I have tried it and does not work....

Do NOT use Clinique!! I have tried it and does not work. I have been using Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleanser www.mariobadescu.com  and its great. Exfoliation is key!! Try Kate Sommerville Exfolikate - get a sample at Sephora. I have also been loving the First Aid Beauty radiance padshttp://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P278317&categoryId=C23560 every day and they have been great.

I second the NO clinique. Especially the acne solutions,...

I second the NO clinique. Especially the acne solutions, more like face destroyer! Drys your skin, makes your face worse, it's just gross! Go to LUSH. They have the only face care products that work and clear skin up.

Here's my fav. aqua marina:http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/face/cleansers/aqua-marina

Here's angels on bare skin:http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/face/cleansers/angels-on-bare-skin

Here's herbalism:http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/face/cleansers/herbalism

Check these out, choose your fav. then order online or go to the nearest LUSH store to you. The website has a store locator.

Go to LUSH! Your skin WILL thank you! Smiley Happy

You should try Philosophy's On a Clear Day kit. It doesn'...

You should try Philosophy's On a Clear Day kit. It doesn't contain benzyl peroxide, so it won't be as drying if your skin is sensitive. If you don't want to invest in the kit, the On a Clear Day oil-free all over acne treatment is really good at getting rid of your acne if you wear a good moisturizer over it. Good luck!

Sorry tenngal, but the Clinique acne solutions did not wo...

Sorry tenngal, but the Clinique acne solutions did not work for me! it totally stripped my skin of all of its' moisture, so my skin just produced more oil, but it was still dry underneath. I would recommend either Lush (as shown above) OR the Serious Skin Care Continuously Clear Line! It's on HSN and they have an adult set and a youth set for a reasonable price right now! Whatever you think looks better, they are both great Smiley Happy

Yes, THANKYOU!!! Clinique acne solutions totally wrecked...

Yes, THANKYOU!!! Clinique acne solutions totally wrecked my face, and ièm glad ièm not the only one who dissagrees with tenngal!
Sorry tenngal, i love ya, but i just don not wnat a whole bunch of dry, peeling-skinned gals aroundbecause they used clinique acne solutions!

Tenngal, the Clinique Acne Solutions kit is awful!!!!!!!...

Tenngal, the Clinique Acne Solutions kit is awful!!!!!!! Tried it. Cleanser just okay. Toner- had to shake before use- odd. And it burned!!! Step 3 (moisturizing) had bp in it that my skin just hated- like proactiv. Disappointed in Clinique for that one. No matter your age, don't beat your skin up. It will only aggrevate the condtion. I've tried a few products that helped, and at my age (early 30's) I'm really learning to take care of my skin. Seems the more I nourish it (inside and out) the better it's looking. I've tried a few different products that helped with acne, send me a message for details. As far as oily t-zone, stripping it of oil will only make it oilier. Gentle exfoliation and even light hydration will help.

It sounds as if you have tried some products and not had...

It sounds as if you have tried some products and not had success; if that's that case, I would check the ingredients of any of the recommendations you have received to be sure you don't spend money on new stuff with the same ingredients.  That being said, although most on this post say the Clinique three step didn't work for them, my daughter is using it with tremendous success, because everyone's skin is different and responds to products differently.  I used to use the Philosophy product mentioned and had great success with that one.  Peter Thomas Roth and Perricone have some awesome products as well.  You can to onto the product page, search for acne products and look at the reviews to see what you think.  The last recommendation I would like to make is that you take a look at the Clarisonic Mia, again, read the reviews on it.  It has been a very helpful tool for me with dealing with oily skin and blackheads.  I wish you the best with a frustrating problem!

Mario Badescu Skincare line....acne cleanser,  drying lot...

Mario Badescu Skincare line....acne cleanser,  drying lotion(for spot treatments at night),  foaming glycolic cleanser(2-3 times a week), whitening mask, healing and drying mask as needed.  and there are moisturizers which are oil-free with and without SPF.   Products do not contain Benzoyl Peroxide.  There are so many to choose from.  Please visit  mariobadescu.com to contact a representative via e-mail or at their 800# for a consultation.  They personalize the skincare regimen for your skincare needs.    Also a company called Isomers has a Acne cleanser and lotion(Isomers Skincare does not believe in toners and the products have no benzoyl peroxide) and the website is isomers.ca or  visit  shopnbc.com.

Hope this is helpful. 

I tend to suffer from the same problem. I find that the C...

I tend to suffer from the same problem. I find that the Clarisonic system helps coupled with Philosphy's Purity Made Simple.  You may also want to investigate products such as the Bliss Zit Be Gone line and the Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum. I find that nothing will totally take care of the problem though.

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors