Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

I have huge pores, acne prone skin, plus oily skin. What face wash should I use to control it?

Im sorry to bother but I really need help my face is starting to break out and I cant keep buying different face washes I want to have one that works really good for my skin.

Re: I have huge pores, acne prone skin, plus oily skin. What face wash should I use to control it?

I used to have super oily skin with major breakouts. First make sure you aren't using any harsh astringents or anything with alcohol. It just makes you produce more oil. Use a gentle cleanser, alcohol free toner, and then a light weight moisterizer or facial oil. I used to use philosophy clear days ahead. That helped clear up my skin. I weaned myself off and just spot treat now if and when I get a pimple. My current routine is purpose cleanser (cereve also makes some good ones), then a toner I make out of 1/3 apple cider vinegar, spring water and rose water. Then tarte maracuja oil. Depending on my skin, once a week, I'll do a clay mask (I love the origins ones) or a moisturizing sheet mask. I now barely have a pimple and am only sometimes oily. Have started to add serums and moisterizers now. So far I've really loved the drunk elephant b hydra but its expensive. It takes time and patience for your skin to regulate oil. I still struggle but have improved so much. 

Re: I have huge pores, acne prone skin, plus oily skin. What face wash should I use to control it?

You'll probably want a whole routine to really tackle the issues you mentioned, @wahh, but as far as the face wash goes, I'd suggest trying either Philosophy's Purity or First Aid Beauty's Facial Cleanser. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing