Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

I NEED SKIN HELP

I have extremely oily skin with mild breakouts, HUGE pores, and a lot of texutre on my cheekbones and forehead.

I've exhuasted the advice from my local Sephora- as none of their recommendations have helped.

What products should I use?

Re: I NEED SKIN HELP

Dr. Brandt Poredermabrasion and Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peels are both great for large pores

I swear by the Dr Dennis Gross Daily Peels. They have made a huge difference with my skin. 

RE: I NEED SKIN HELP

Update: I went to Sephora today and got some samples. My Sephora doesn’t carry Drunk Elephant (sad face) BUT I’ll let you know how my samples work! GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD MASK OLEHENRIKSEN Oil Control Cleanser

@Athyna I rec reading Paula Begoun's "Beauty Bible" to demystify skincare since you are struggling.  Also, read reviews on beautypedia.  🙂

RE: Re: I NEED SKIN HELP

Thanks for the info on the book and I've never heard of beautypedia before Can't wait to check them both out! Great Suggestion

Try witch hazel,it costs about 4 bucks at the drugstore....

Try witch hazel,it costs about 4 bucks at the drugstore. Using it as an astringent will help your skin maintain healthy oil,because it won't completely strip your skin,causing your sebum glands to overcompensate. It's best if you keep it chilled and use it right after you shower. The steam will open your pores,making them easier to clean,and the cold witch hazel will clean and tighten your pores.

RE: Try witch hazel,it costs about 4 bucks at the drugstore....

I'm currently using Witch Hazel and it has helped with the oil for sure! I'm still having issues with breakouts and texture though 😞

Your skin sounds a lot like mine. I recently got the Drunk Elephant TLC Night Serum and it has solved all my problems! It took about a week for my skin to get used to it so I only used it once every second night, now I use it every night and have been doing so for about a month. It as completely gotten rid of all of my texture, evened out my skin tone and reduced my oiliness. I used to wake up ridiculously oily, but since using this I haven't. It's REALLY pricy, more than what I'd like to spend... but it works. I suggest seeing if you can sample it before purchase though!

I've heard really good things about that product as well as Sunday Riley Good Genes. They're both super expensive so I wanted some input before I tried them! Thank you.

I had extremely oily skin and a lot of texture. The Ole H...

I had extremely oily skin and a lot of texture. The Ole Henriksen Truth Serum and Invirgorating Night Transformation Gel helped tremendously with the texture. I had to stop using them because towards the last of my second bottle, I had a reaction and broke out really bad. I've since started using the Fresh Umbrian Clay line and love it.

I have wicked oily skin, texture and huge pores too! I'm still having some breakout issues but one thing that I tried and I am now obsessed with is Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos night serum (pink top). It has super reduced my texture and pores and my skin is so soft! It is dumb expensive but I got the Littles Night Bright kit which is smaller versions of it for a tad cheaper. Maybe go into a Sephora and try a tiny sample to see if it works with your skin type first. It helped me I hope it helps you too 🙂

So do you still have the need to wear mattifying primer under your makeup now that you are controlling your oily skin? I'm so excited to try Drunk Elephant and wanted to know if your routine has changed. My whole head is oily. I can wear a mud mask all night and my skin is amazing the next morning and my breakouts don't stand a chance. But that doesn't help me during the day! I usually have to wear waterproof eyeliner and waterproof mascara over Urban Decay's Eyeshadow primer to keep my eyes from running with the oils. For my face I use Make Up For Ever High Definition Primer Light to control my greasy complexion under my foundation. I love it but it only lasts me 1.5-2 hours before I have to start blotting or toweling off and reapplying everything.

I've heard that product was good. I've wanted to try that and Good Genes by SR but they're sooo expensive. Just wanted to be sure they're worth it before I splurge.
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 29 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing