From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

How to stop foundation from breaking apart?

I have come to the conclusion that my skin is not meant for wearing makeup! Every foundation, every trick/ piece of advice, every combination of products (including skin care) I have tried does not stop my foundation from breaking apart/pilling within the first 4 hours... I don't wear makeup all the time, but when I want to I don't want to have to worry about reapplying/fixing it every few hours! Does anyone else have the same problem?

Re: How to stop foundation from breaking apart?

Hi @tongxiaowei!

That's a frustrating problem to have, and there could be a number of different reasons for it. 

Would you mind sharing more details about your skincare routine, as well as which foundations you've tried? Are you using any primers at all? 

Re: How to stop foundation from breaking apart?

Thank you for your reply! I like to keep my skincare regime quite simple~ I have combo/oily skin, so I use the EL Perfect Clean cleanser, then an homemade apple cider vinegar toner, then the Olehenriksen Counter Balance Hydrator (which has helped a lot with my oiliness)! Both morning and night. A couple times a week, I'll do an exfoliating mask followed by a sheet mask. I tend to use a pore-filling primer in my t-zone and spritz the rest of my face with some Fix+. I've also tried a lot of foundations from Lancome Teint Idole to MF HD (can't remember the name), Tarte Rainforest and Amazonian Clay, Maybelline Fit Me, CoverGirl 3in1 (and all the others)... There are a lot more but I can't remember! I currently use EL Double-Wear which works the best, but it's too heavy to wear everyday! I'm not sure what could be the problem, but then again, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to skincare/makeup! So I really appreciate any advice you may have 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing