Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

How do I make my blackheads less visible without makeup?

I’m not a huge fan of facial makeup, but my pores and blackheads are making my skin look awful. Any suggestions?

Re: How do I make my blackheads less visible without makeup?

What's your current skincare routine, @tiawilly? You'll need the basics in place before trying harsher products so you don't accidentally irritate your skin. 

Hi @tiawilly!

I like to use a clay/mud/charcoal mask and exfoliator.  I use GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD® Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 g once a week and exfoliate daily with CLINIQUE Blackhead Solutions 7 Day Deep Pore Cleanse & Face Scrub 4.2 oz/ 125 mL .  Most exfoliators are used 2-3 times a week unless otherwise stated.

I follow with toner and Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Treatment Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL for pores and blackheads.  Another popular one for pores is The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL 

@tiawilly  @RAWRitsRED , the GlamGlow mask is amazing!

Hi @tiawilly ! I had lots of blackheads too along with other forms of acne. My holy grail brand is Proactiv. This brand helped my skin SO MUCH. Shoppers Drug Mart has a Proactiv Blackhead Dissolving Gel that I swear by - its amazing. i would highly recommend all Proactiv products, but ifyou just have blackheads/dry/sensitive skin, I've heard that Proactiv can be irritating. So, I would also recommend to you the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL because it has many ingredients that clear and prevent blackheads and breakouts in general! I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions and have a great day 🙂

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing