cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Help

Hi! 

i have oily skin and I just don't know how to deal with it. I have 0 knowledge on skin care and I really need help. 

#help#oilyskin#beginner 

Re: Help

Don't use a foaming cleanser even though they say they are geared for oily skin. Most are stripping and will dry your skin out, causing it to overproduce oil in the end. Use a gentle, hydrating gel or cream cleanser. Options here: Philosophy Purity, First Aid Beauty Pure Facial Cleanser, Youth to the People Kale cleanser, Fresh Soy cleanser (if you don't mind the scent). Also, I want to note that for many oily people, myself included, washing with cleanser in the morning is overkill. Just rinse with water in the a.m. and save the cleanser for nighttime.

You'll also need moisturizer for both morning and night. I prefer a lighter formula for daytime use, like CosRx Oil-free Moisturizing Lotion (available at Ulta) and then a gel-cream for evening. Options for that: Belif Aqua Bomb, Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet, Olehenriksen Sheet Transformation, Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream (available at K-beauty retailers).

Then you'll need sunscreen for the a.m. I've had good luck with MDSolarSciences mineral creme and Coola mineral silk cream. Supergoop Unseen sunscreen is another option.

Once you have that basic routine in place, you can add in treatment steps to tackle any issues you may have.

Re: Help

Get an oily skin cleanser, and only use it twice a day - don't over wash your face or your face will produce more oil. Also moisturizing is still really important even though you have oily skin! Your face might be overproducing oil because you aren't moisturizing it enough - try to find an oily skin moisturizer that is #cleanatsephora 

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser-Combination or Oily Skin 4.4 oz/ 130 mL 

Farmacy Daily Greens Oil-Free Gel Moisturizer with Moringa and Papaya 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing