Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Help! So Oily!

Hello beauty community! Need your help. I have very oily skin and its barely 10am and my skin is already like this, just 4 hrs after I apply my makeup!! I use a gentle cleanser every morning, then a light spf moisturizer, then use the PTR Max Anti Shine as a primer, followed with Huda Faux Filter foundation, then set with Cant Stop Wont Stop powder by NYX. I enjoy a full coverage foundation, but regardless of what primers or foundation formulas I use, my oil persists! Any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe different skincare products. The silver lining us that I'm 39 and have very few lines and wrinkles, thansk to the oil! 🙂 Thank you! Aida

RE: Help! So Oily!

Lacey, I have the same issues. I clean my face with Dermalogica and then tone with Caudalie Vinopure. The moisturizer I am currently using is Estée Lauder DayWear Matte and then use the Caudalie Vinopure serum. The just started to use The Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer and the Hylamide Matte 12 primer. My base is the YSL All Hours Foundation and the Fenty Pro Filta Powder. I have seen some improvements but have just started using this combination.

Re: Help! So Oily!

I have the same issue. I go to work at 10 am every day and by 1 pm, I look like I've dunked my face in a deep fryer. I started using (Sephora doesn't carry this but Ulta does) Formula 10.0.6 Mattifying Moisturizer as a primer base for my foundation / tinted sunscreen. It has worked wonders and now I can go almost a full work day without having to dab at my face. 

(P.S. Its also on sale right now)

I use the Drunk Elephant Hydra moisture serum mixed in with vitamin C in the morning, then I add an extra layer of creamy moisturizer on top of it. Something I've learned recently is that not all setting powders are created equal. I used a couple tubs of the KVD powder thinking it'd be a good match for my oily skin, but actually I am a week into the drugstore Coty Airspun powder and holy cow has it made a difference. 

I think the double moisturizer really helps, and I am really liking the Beauty Blender foundation currently. It has hyaluronic acid which helps lock in moisture which can help your skin not overproduce oil to compensate. 

Once I introduced moisturizers to my skin, and use non-stripping cleansers, my skin stopped overproducing oil.  I had also gone for a facial once and the lady told me I actually had drier skin, and to not use a cleanser that makes my skin feel squeaky-clean.  I am no skincare expert, but it would be a good idea to look into your skincare for this reason- might help. @LaceyLou392 

What specific skincare products are you using both in the morning and in the evening, @LaceyLou392? You may need some additional hydration products and exfoliating products to help control the oil. It could also be the current products that you're using aren't the best for your skin. 

I would recommend you using the Fenty Foundation! It is probably the best foundation for very oily skin along with her primer! 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2
testing