Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Hellppp super oily skin

Hello all! Looking for any makeup suggestions for super oily skin. Foundations, concealers, powders, primers. Right now I’m using Double Wear and still looking for a good concealer because nothing stays on my T zone even if I bake with powder! Help and thank you!

Re: Hellppp super oily skin

Hi @khrystynab!

Skincare is the most important step in creating a great base to work on.  Oily skin is really just dehydrated skin so make sure you're hydrating enough using products and by drinking plenty of water!

These are the skincare products I use to control oils:  Cetaphil cleanser for normal to oily skin, OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL, Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Treatment Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL, Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... and sunscreen.  Chemical sunscreens work better for oily skin.

I currently use MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL and Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent.  I think my favorite primer is still the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL.

I'm also using Double Wear right now but I'm interested in the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation 560 Suede C since I hear it's good for oily skin.

A good tip I learned from a Tatch Masterclass was to blot your face after sunscreen and again after foundation/concealer, then dust on a bit of translucent powder to avoid a cakey look.

Hi, I have literally the same thing and I just found a primer that works: Milk Hydro Grip Primer + Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I then set with any setting power and it last all day. I also randomly use blotting paper which just gets rid of the oil, not makeup.

Good Luck! 

If it helps, I have the same type of skin and here is the ONLY thing I have found to make any difference: oil blotting face sheets! I do use Benefit POREfessional primer and set with urban decay de-slick setting spray, and I use either urban decay all nighter foundation or Estée Lauder double wear (or a mix of the two, bc one goes a long way and the other is better when it comes to not setting in laugh lines). This combo is good, but I still get oily. It’s the oil blotting sheets that have saved me. I use them every few hours - just blot the oil up, and it does NOT remove my makeup - just the oil! I don’t know how I everrr survived without them. After I blot the oil, I sometimes add a tiny bit of powder but it’s not even necessary. Trust me - they are a life saver. I buy them on amazon (super cheap) and it has changed my life lol

I wear this exact combination, benefit Porefessional and Urban Decay All Night and OMG! It is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Extremely Oily

RE: Hellppp super oily skin

Relatable! I have very oily skin and have found these products to help so much. My makeup used to separate and slide off my face it’s so oily. Good luck! • Double washing with an oil wash (palmers is my fav.. haven’t tried any Sephora brand oil wash) then the Clinique gel wash for oily skin. • the ordinary Niacinamide serum. • Clinique oil control gel moisturizer. • UD de-slick.. let it dry • it CC+ cream oil free matte • Sephora matte perfection pressed powder • UD de-slick

I would use niacinimide by The Ordinary, which balances oil production on your skin, your makeup will be as good as your skin, I would recommend to do that and at the first time you can wear niacinimide under foundation.

@khrystynab wrote:
Hello all! Looking for any makeup suggestions for super oily skin. Foundations, concealers, powders, primers. Right now I’m using Double Wear and still looking for a good concealer because nothing stays on my T zone even if I bake with powder! Help and thank you!

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing