Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Hello ladies (:

sadly I’m new to Sephora and I want to start buying skincare any suggestions.? (Sensitive)

RE: Hello ladies (:

I haven’t tried anything yet I’m sorry /: i never figured out what bothered my skin, I have descent redness on the cheeks I still get acne especially around summer or when stressed. But thank you for your advice I will defiantly give it a try and see what works on the products that are clean.

Re: Hello ladies (:

Do you have any sensitivities to particular things that you are already aware of? For example, I can't use Marula oil, Shea butter, Mint, or anything with Pumpkin extract. If you have tried specific products that haven't worked out well for you, sharing that information will help anyone who is offering suggestions. 

Gothamista is a really cool beauty youtuber who has sensitive skin herself, and she does a lot of skin care product reviews. 

My best general advice would be to chose items with the 'clean at sephora' label that also specifically state that they are good for sensitive skin, and then check both the ingredients list and the reviews to see if anyone has had any specific issues that might be of concern for you. Also, only introduce one new product at a time and then wait about three weeks before trying something else. I would start out with a cleanser, then a toner, an essence, a serum (if you want to incorporate one), a moisturiser, and then an eye cream. Once you have the basics down you can consider incorporating facial oils, acids, etc. as per your personal interests.  

I have very sensitive, acne-prone (with some redness), dehydrated skin, and I am loving Tatcha's Indigo Cream for night time use. Generally I find that anything that is approved by the eczema association will be less likely to cause a reaction on my skin. 

Unfortunately sensitive skin is very specific to each individual, so you will have to work by trial and error to figure out the best options for your skin. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing